Adjunct FacultyPosition Title:
Adjunct Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor Union:
Ongoing pool of applicants. Department will review applications when positions become available.Minimum Qualifications:
The Certified Nursing Assistant program at Prairie State College is seeking part-time instructors for theory and clinical. Responsibilities of theory instructors include but are not limited adhering to departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, assessments, and other established processes as well as attend classes regularly and submit required college reports/documentation according to set deadlines.
Responsibilities for clinical instructors include but are not limited to providing clinical educational experience at a long term care facility that is reflective of didactic classroom learning.
All instructors must complete a criminal background check, urine drug screen and other health compliance requests as directed by assigned long-term care facility including flu vaccine.
1. Registered nurse, 2 years of nursing experience with IL license in good standing.Preferred Qualifications:
2. Experience working in a long-term care facility
3. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
4. Completion of State-Approved Train-the-Trainer and Evaluator Workshop, education of BSN and higher are exempt.
5. Must complete 4 CEUs in Alzheimer’s Disease
6. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction
7. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
8. CPR certified as a BLS healthcare provider
1. Teaching experience at the college level. 2. Experience at the community college level. 3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students.Posting Date:
07/21/2021Open Until Filled: