Assistant Cheer & Dance Coach
Thiel College is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Cheer & Dance Coach.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist the Head Coach in all facets of the program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with coaching Cheer / Dance teams at practices, games, and competition
- Recruiting and attending local competitions
- Provide support in the planning, coordination, and execution of cheerleading at Football, Wrestling , Men’s and Women’s Basketball games, and College appearances
- Assist with preparations for NCA Collegiate Cheerleading Nationals, including choreography, creating 8-count sheets, and coaching athletes through proper skill progressions
- Develop and implement program fundraising and social media interactions
- Design graphics and/or utilize graphics templates for promotional materials
- Identify and implement new, innovative ideas to enhance fan experiences
- Work practices, games, and appearances as assigned
- Evening, weekend, holiday, and school holiday break hours required as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Candidates must be self-motivated, independent workers, possess strong communication skills, have efficient time management skills and have the ability to work with diverse populations.
The successful candidate must adhere to all NCAA, conference, and institutional guidelines, policies, and rules. Gain AACCA certification upon employment. Demonstrate professional behavior. At all times promote the cheer & dance program and Thiel College in a positive way to the campus community, local community, high school coaches, and recruits.
Applicants are required to have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Prior coaching and/or collegiate cheer/dance experience preferred.
This 12-month position includes a stipend, housing, meals, and health benefits, as well as professional development opportunities.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references by clicking here. All application materials must be attached in a single PDF document using candidate’s last name as the document title.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.
Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled.