Requisition Number:39198Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Classified StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:22-May-2022Date Posted:11-May-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder
is searching for an Administrative Assistant II!
The administrative assistant is a part of the Finance and Business Strategy (FBS) administrative support team and is responsible for a variety of supporting roles for FBS departments and staff performing high-level customer service while prioritizing workloads according to the immediate needs of the unit.
The Administrative Assistant aids in ensuring compliance with state and university policies and procedures while representing FBS to university constituents and community partners.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreFinance and Business Strategy (FBS) works to ensure CU Boulder has a strategic, systematic, and comprehensive approach to all areas of resource planning and management. FBS staff provide operational support at all levels to advance the University’s mission. Through collaboration, we connect ideas, resources, and decisions that drive CU Boulder’s success. We do this through community engagement, stewardship of financial resources, and data‐supported decision making.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeAdministrative Support:
- Provide support to FBS departments, ensuring smooth operations by applying technical knowledge of Regent and State laws, university and campus policies, and office procedures.
- Act as a point of contact for external inquiries.
- Serve as a liaison with campus and university departments, participating in liaison meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Draft, format, edit, finalize, and distribute original correspondence, documentation, and communications.
- Coordinate and provide support for meetings and events.
- Initiate, process, and complete purchases.
- Maintain physical office spaces and monitor office supplies, equipment, and software. Work with vendors to ensure equipment is serviced when needed and keep logs of equipment, subscriptions, and licenses.
- Support supervisors with employee onboarding and performance management.
- Attend university and/or external trainings to maintain compliance with policies and procedures and learn innovative business practices.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives and perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinate calendars and manage schedules, using discretion and knowledge of priorities, preferences, and needs to respond to inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
- Complete expense reports and travel arrangements.
- Exercise discretion, diplomacy and integrity in all matters, especially those involving confidential or critical information.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This position can be worked in either a hybrid or in-person work modality.
What We Can OfferThe hiring rate is $40,500.00 annually.Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe balanced. Be informed. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Required to be a Colorado resident to apply.
- Three years of general clerical experience that includes one year of administrative experience working in an office setting. Appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, and with multiple parties to coordinate both large and small scale meetings.
- Ability to explain and enforce organizational policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of ethics and confidentiality.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
- Two years of progressively responsible administrative support experience including executive support.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other commonly used software programs applicable to business operations.
- Experience scheduling/coordinating complex meetings and using scheduling software.
- Experience procuring goods and/or services.
- Experience with financial record keeping and reconciliation.
- Experience with electronic database management systems.
- Experience drafting and sending correspondence.
- Experience in higher education.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
a. Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected]
or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 22,2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]