HR - Administrative Specialist #495056FTE:
Human Resources DeptJob Summary/Basic Function:
About This Role:
The Human Resources Department is inviting applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant. This department adds value to the Lamar experience with employment opportunities and processes, professional and career development a policy structure for equitable and transparent resolution of issues, employment data and records, compliance with our legal obligations as an employer, as well as an array of health and retirement benefits.
This position performs advance secretarial and administrative support functions in a department or work unit. Incumbents in this position may be required to use and be familiar with specialized terms, practices, or systems.
What You’ll Do – Position Duties
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support by answering multi-line telephones, greeting, and directing walk-in customers
- Responds to all calls and emails and assists the HR office with answering when possible
- Assists with the employee onboarding process including, but not limited to, assigning electronic checklists, following up regarding missing documents, verifying checklist completion, completing the e-verification process, assisting new employees with troubleshooting questions & running background checks as needed
- Assists with Electronic Personnel Action Form approvals and troubleshooting
- Completes all employment verification requests
- Supports department with creating and maintaining daily spreadsheets for process tracking
- Updates employee database as needed
- Provides clerical assistance for the HR office including typing, printing, copying, faxing, distributing mail, maintaining databases & department email
- Orders supplies & communicates with vendors for needed repairs
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the university.Who We Are:
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.Benefits – Job Perks:
At Lamar University one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
Minimum Education Required: A high school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required: One (1) year of administrative or customer service experience required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to maintain the integrity of payroll and human resources practices.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in communicating and working effectively with a diverse variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently with exceptional organizational, problem solving prioritizing, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Banner 9
- Cardinal Purch
Sedentary, exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time. Essential functions or requirements listed above may not be performed in every position with this title, and these essential functions may not include all related duties that might be requested and/or performed. Lamar Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses, and solutions to customer requests.EEO Statement:
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
$28,000 - $32,999Posting Date:
05/11/2022Open Until Filled: