A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Specialty Care Unit Director - Prosthodontics at the St. Louis Dental Center. The position will report to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinical Education, and Community Partnerships. The Specialty Care Unit Director - Prosthodontics will manage and mentor MOSDOH students to assure the attainment of clinical competency, teach students the fundamentals of prosthodontics, and assure the provision of high-quality prosthodontic services to patients.
Major Job Duties
- Mentoring and evaluating students in prosthodontic dentistry procedures on patients
- Establish procedures for prosthodontics
- Communicate with the faculty as to the educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies for student experiences
- Complete Administrative Reports as directed
- Assure student and patient safety, reporting deficiencies to the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations, and Community Partnerships
- Assure clinical competency for students in prosthodontics
- Supervise prosthodontic residents/fellows as needed
- Provide indirect supervision of dental assistant(s) and provide performance review evaluations to the Dental Clinic Manager
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction to pre-clinical students in Kirksville and D3 and D4 students in St. Louis
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed
- Track student progress toward attainment of clinical competency and communicate progress and deficiencies on a periodic basis to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinic Education, and Community Partnerships
- Participate in calibration activities, to include semi-annual faculty advance
- Participate in ATSU/MOSDOH committee activities
- Potential for intermittent on-call and other outreach activities after hours
- Other duties as assigned
- D.D.S. or D.M.D.
- Specialty Certification in Prosthodontics
- A current Missouri State Dental License is required
- Must be highly skilled in prosthodontics
- Must be adaptable, personable, and able to work independently
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.