: Saratoga Springs, NYPosted:
: Apr 25, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 51-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 92,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
SUNY Empire State College's Office for Advancement seeks a part-time (80%) Research Analyst (State Title: Staff Assistant) to be responsible for all aspects of prospect research and management, including the identification, analysis and pipeline management of potential donors to the Empire State College Foundation. The primary responsibilities are to identify and research individual, corporation and foundation prospects, build prospect pools for identified priorities and assist in the proper management of prospect portfolios for development staff. In addition, the Research Analyst will support the alumni engagement division by identifying notable alumni for involvement, and writing alumni news and profiles to include in college publications.
- Support the information needs of the department by conducting proactive and reactive comprehensive biographical, financial and informational research on current individual, corporation and foundation prospects.
- Using electronic screening results, data mining and modeling techniques, develop and implement proactive research strategies to identify new prospects for major giving, planned giving, and leadership annual giving.
- Compose confidential, in-depth profiles on specific individuals, corporations and foundations regarding financial assets, potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest and organization affiliations.
- Support the development of well-prioritized and high-quality prospect pools for development staff, and create and maintain comprehensive regional and initiative suspect files.
- Manage multiple priorities of qualifying information from prospect screening programs, monitoring daily gift reports and other sources to identify new prospects, and by responding to internal prospect research requests.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing and monitoring corporation and foundation funding priorities and proactively scanning the landscape to help identify potential partners and supporters.
- Utilize information technology systems, including the alumni/donor development system (Ellucian's CRM Advance) and a prospect screening database to record staff assignments, prospect statuses and stages, research data, completed research projects, and implement the research and prospect management plans and goals.
- Convene monthly prospect review meetings. Produce and distribute ongoing and periodic research and prospect management reports.
- Serve as prospect manager by providing oversight and support for the management of prospects assigned to development staff through the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycles.
- Assist development staff in maintaining best practices in prospect management through portfolio review sessions.
- Help maintain guidelines, procedures and reporting functions for the prospect research and management program.
- Support alumni engagement efforts by monitoring all inbound news sources and identifying notable alumni for involvement, completing additional research as appropriate. Assist with writing alumni news and profile content for college publications.
- Take primary responsibility for maintaining the Advancement, Alumni and Foundation web sites.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two or more years of related experience in prospect research, fundraising or advancement operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools and techniques for collecting, analyzing and presenting data.
- Well-developed writing and research skills with the ability to prepare clear, concise reports with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, experience with development database systems and web-based applications.
- Commitment to ethical research practices, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in a discrete manner.
- A self-starter who can work both independently and in teams, to think strategically, anticipate needs and show initiative in managing and promoting new projects.
- Organizational skills to handle several projects simultaneously to accommodate shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience in prospect research, prospect development, prospect management and proactive prospecting methodologies.
- Professional experience working in a higher education institution or nonprofit organization setting.
- Experience working with wealth screening data and reporting tools.
- Direct experience with Ellucian's Advancement solutions and/or Blackbaud's ResearchPoint.
- Monday-Friday, with some flexibility in schedule options for this 80% position.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.