Job no: 502693
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Dean, Student Health and Wellness
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$48.08 per hour
$200 per month
Dallas College is seeking a leader who will play a critical role in creating a strong and active wellness culture at Dallas College that enables all students to flourish. The Dean, Student Health and Wellness reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Wellbeing and is responsible for the promotion and expansion of the student wellness programs, and the transformation of existing services into a cohesive, and collaborative source of holistic services.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of current standards of college health services and practices with applicable local, state, and federal regulations, and available resources in the field.
• Identify and apply appropriate methods to assess progress of health and wellness programs and the impact of such programs on students.
• Experience working with student health and wellness programs.
• Awareness and understanding of student development theory and programs.
• Skills in technological support and delivery of student health and wellness programs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Maintain a deep understanding of key national trends and best practices in functional areas of reporting and ensure that units are on the cutting edge of student services and are engaged in continuous improvement to ensure that services are responsive to changing needs of students.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other leaders on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
• Be a highly collaborative leader with experience in a comparably diverse and complex college/university with a proven track record of enhancing quality, excellence, institutional diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree or higher as confirmed by official transcripts. Master’s in Public Health, Health Administration or Counseling preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in health and wellness.
• Bilingual Preferred.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership, oversight, and coordination of Student Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Health Promotion Services.
• Lead program development, implementation, and coordination within and between college departments
• Expand existing wellness programming and identify best practices to increase access with the goal that every student will graduate from Dallas College having had the opportunity to participated in wellness programs and education
• Lead the integration of wellness services, and initiatives across campuses to ensure efficient delivery of services to students and optimal coordination of care.
• Serves as a lead resource for the college and campus departments on issues of health promotion, disease prevention, and safety and health advocacy; creates and delivers presentations to college employees and students as appropriate.
• Maintains administrative oversight and responsibility for the maintenance and security of an accessible system of confidential medical records in accordance with applicable standards of practice and state and federal laws.
• Maintains administrative oversight and responsibility of an appropriate inventory of medical supplies, equipment, and medications; provides for appropriate procurement, storage, security, and maintenance of inventory.
• Support and contributes to the administrative oversight for the Student Health & Wellness budgets, monitors, and controls expenditures consistent with the College’s strategic priorities.
• Responds appropriately to issues in a dynamic, rapidly changing educational/economic environment
• Actively participate in local, regional, state, and national professional development opportunities as applicable to the role and/or by assignment.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Perform duties as assigned, maintaining all standards in accordance with Dallas College policies and procedures.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 05 May 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 6 Jun 2022 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time