Job no: 502709
Work type: Full-time
Location: Administrative Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Chief of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$190,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader with a proven track record of enhancing academic quality, faculty experience, diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success in a dynamic higher education environment. The Chief of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation
• Provides the overall strategic leadership for developing the framework that includes methods and processes for strategic planning, strategic management, assessment, and continuous improvements. This framework will support leaders in initiatives that build core competencies to achieve the College’s strategic plan.
• Provides dynamic, visionary leadership in the delivery of high-quality projects from conception to completion, including the planning, organizing, design, and coordination of the College’s institutional assessment and effectiveness efforts across Dallas College.
• Serves as Dallas College’s SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison Officer, providing expert guidance and ensuring compliance and approval for initiatives and programs.
• Works in conjunction with other College leadership and stakeholders from all departments to build a culture of continuous improvement and greater achievement of the Dallas College mission.
• Support the articulation of aspirational goals to promote operational excellence and student success.
• Organizes, coordinates, and monitors on-going institutional effectiveness activities focusing on continuous improvement and Dallas College mission fulfillment.
• Implements key accreditation agendas and recommendations; articulates accreditation activities to the College and provides regular updates to the College and administration.
• Develops and implements key initiatives for institutional planning, accountability, and effectiveness, including supporting strategic planning, program review, and academic and non-academic assessment.
• Ensures a close relationship with the Office of Data Analytics, resulting in actionable use of institutional data in decision making and planning.
• Facilitates outcomes-oriented problem solving across all areas of the College.
• Exerts influence to establish positive momentum and successful completion of projects to guarantee organizational excellence; assures cross-functional implementation, monitors progress, and facilitates change, as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to respond appropriately to issues in a dynamic, rapidly changing educational/economic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively—both in writing and verbally—to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community.
• Exhibits strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in strategic planning, assessment of program(s) effectiveness, and development of guidelines to further the goals of Dallas College.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other leaders to influence change and measure progress toward organizational excellence.
• Highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and excellent analytical skills with a strong operational focus.
• Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively while creating realistic plans and workflows.
• Ability to manage teams and motivate individuals to achieve challenging deliverables that meet the vision, mission, and goals of Dallas College as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Substantial experience with SACSCOC accreditation.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service across the organization and community.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree required (earned doctorate preferred)
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible teaching, administrative and/or educational leadership experience
• Knowledge of SACSCOC principles and requirements with experience as an accreditation liaison in higher education.
• Current and valid driver's license required
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop the framework to support the Dallas College strategic plan, ensuring implementation of consistent and efficient action and assessment plans for continuous improvement and planning.
• Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and leadership to establish and publish institutional policies and guidelines, and to maintain alignment between policy and practice to promote institutional effectiveness.
• Communicate assessment, accreditation, and IE strategies in a transparent, practical, and relatable manner to ensure buy-in and support from a broad constituency.
• Encourage stakeholder investment and involvement in institutional effectiveness initiatives and activities that drive appropriate transformational changes to achieve the College's mission.
• Coordinate regular mission review with stakeholders across Dallas College and the community.
• Deploy assessment and cross-functional project support to ensure data-driven continuous improvement.
• Oversee and implement collaborative assessment initiatives and activity, including student learning and student services assessment, and ensure assessment results are used to improve student learning and success.
• Ensures the completion of all SACSOC accreditation activities, reports, and communication for Dallas College.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Advertised: 06 May 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 May 2022 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time