TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay and opportunities for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training and assistance so you become a successful member of the team. Successful candidates may work in a dining hall, retail operation, food court, or restaurant setting.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to Join our Pack as a Food Service Worker.
Essential job duties include:
- Perform general food service work including prep, line service, and restocking food and beverage items.
- Clean and restock work station and assist with the cleaning of the common kitchen and production areas.
- May assemble menu items as per the specifications and assist in maintaining the temperature control and food safety.
- May operate MICROS system (touch screen cash register) and accurately process transactions through the Point of Sale (POS) by following NC State Dining procedures.
- May prepare quality beverages, such as espresso-based beverages, coffee, other drinks, and food products consistently by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards while following all health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Assist in receiving and stocking store merchandise.
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
- Perform necessary cleaning tasks in accordance with maintaining a Grade “A” Sanitation rating.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position, that includes a State required 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Superior work performance may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance into a benefits eligible permanent position.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 10 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 4 convenience stores, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA and SHRA employees.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each department is dedicated to providing service excellence, value and enrichment of the student experience in support of academic success.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
NC State DiningClassification Title:
Temporary-Skilled TradesWorking Title:
Food Service WorkerWork Schedule:
Shifts are available from early morning to late nights including weekends. Please list your availability in the appropriate section of the application. Full- and part-time positions are available.Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.Minimum Experience/Education:
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.Department Required Skills:
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Contribute to maintaining a Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Ability to adapt to the changing customer volume level with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operation and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Previous food service experienceRequired License or Certification:
• Previous experience in customer service
• Previous experience as a cashier.
• Previous experience in a coffee shop.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$12 per hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.