Visiting Assistant Professor of Graphic DesignLocation:
St. Augustine, FLOpen Date:
May 11, 2022Description:
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Flagler College invites applicants for a one-year appointment as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Graphic Design, starting in August 2022. This full-time faculty position will include teaching four courses per semester from the undergraduate graphic design program and related courses in the general education program. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of graphic design theory with an understanding of emerging technologies.
The graphic design curriculum represents a contemporary balance of theory, traditional practice, and digital media such as front-end web strategy and development, interactive design principles, processes, and prototyping. Students receive real-world instruction from design professionals in studios equipped with Macintosh computers, the latest Adobe software, and color printing facilities.
Flagler College is a small, private liberal arts college located in St. Augustine, Florida. Involvement in departmental and college service and ongoing professional development are expected. Flagler College is an equal opportunity employer.
- Teach a 4/4 load of foundational and advanced courses in graphic design.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
Research and Professional Practice
- Conduct research appropriate to the discipline.
- Network with professionals and organizations related to graphic design.
- Engage in professional activities and peer-reviewed awards and publications.
- Terminal degree in Graphic Design (MFA or Ph.D.) or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent professional work in Graphic Design.
- College-level teaching or other related instructional or educational presentation experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of graphic design theory and principles.
- Ability to effectively teach foundational and advanced graphic design courses.
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn about the latest trends and stay current with evolving technologies to ensure current and relevant curricula.
- Strong understanding of Adobe CC software, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, ten professional work samples (links to Web sites as applicable), ten examples of student work, unofficial graduate degree transcripts, and three letters of recommendation with contact information. The review of applications will begin on June 15, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. All application materials should be submitted through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/106835.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College’s Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .