Faculty - MathematicsClassification Title:
Full Time FacultyFLSA:
E = ExemptPosition Summary::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Mathematics Instructor. The Mathematics Instructor is a full-time faculty member responsible for conducting assigned day and/or evening classes of instruction, consisting of both transition and curriculum-level mathematics courses, at any of RCCC’s campuses and/or local county high schools. The instructor is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards. The instructor is responsible for maintaining instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of course elements and syllabi to meet program support needs, and for keeping accurate records as assigned. The instructor will collaborate with others in the department to develop or revise course content and to make recommendations of appropriate instructional materials and textbooks. Other responsibilities include the recruitment and retention of students, advising students, serving on various college committees, and additional duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences or the Academic Vice President. (9 month full-time position.)Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate semester hours of Math at the graduate level.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
-Training and/or teaching experience in Developmental or Curriculum Mathematics.
- Skilled in the use of computers and TI-graphing calculators, and commitment to the use of technology in instruction.Department::
- Must be committed to the community college “open door” philosophy and be a good team member.
Sci Math - MathematicsWork Hours::
40 hours per week.Posting Date::
Scheduled hours will vary depending on the needs each semester.
04/14/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
Please make sure to provide unofficial transcripts for all degrees earned and an updated curriculum vitae.Duty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Support student mentoring, advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility::
9. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility::
10. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility::
11. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.