If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Coordinator, Middle School Career Pathways (Grant Funded)
Job Description Summary:
To provide students, families and district partners general information about Austin Community Collage Career Programs. This information will help align students high school endorsements with career academy and PTECH interest. Work may be performed in-person or virtually. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. THIS POSITION IS GRANT FUNDED THROUGH AUGUST 2023.
- Bilingual Preferred (not required)
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Assist and coordinate Advisory Board state wide events and conferences.
- Create and deliver activities for middle school students, parents, district and community partners.
- Facilitate quarterly industry events and/or field trips for middle school students.
- Perform outreach to middle school students and families of special programming and information sessions.
- Track relevant information about middle school student participants to collect data to demonstrate successful outcomes.
- Review industry data and requirements to ensure the middle school program is informing students about the most recent and relevant CTE data.
- Coordinate production of grant materials with ACC personnel and required resources.
- Perform regular travel to the campuses of partner school districts and community partners for meetings.
- Develop a job readiness summer workshop for middle school students to include: resume writing, interview preparation, workforce networking, and work readiness.
- Create and maintain an active role on the middle school campus in order to actively recruit students from targeted underserved populations.
- Communicate high school programs career academy information to ISD high school and community partners, as well as students and families.
- Serves on district, community, and college wide committees as assigned.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for program services and technical assistance for all schools and communities in the collaboration.
- Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders to provide enhanced service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Attends training sessions and conferences, as appropriate, to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for effective partnerships.
- Coordinates development, communication, delivery, and evaluation services and training, using evidence-based practices, ensuring effective student training.
- Provide information on college and career readiness to elementary and secondary students, both onsite and at Austin Community College (ACC) campuses.
- Use demographic change and employment opportunity data (from US Census and Texas Workforce Center) to identify community-based services, public services, and career opportunities in the community.
Provides interventions for at-risk students using evidence-based practice for character development and wellness activities.
Participate in other College and High School Relations divisional activities and responsibilities as assigned.
- Middle School education principles, practices, and theories.
- Classroom management techniques.
- MS Literacy Model and its application in the adult education classroom.
- Growth Mindset.
- Effectively working with a diverse and multicultural student body.
- Working collaboratively.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Required Work Experience
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required EducationSpecial Requirements
- Two years related work experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation needed for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Salary Range $41,304 - $59,006
Reports to Manager, High School Career Programs
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
May 18, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.