Adjunct/Part-time Faculty; English Language Training InstituteDivision:
International Programs (Adm)Work Unit:
English Language Training InstituteWork Location:
English Language Training InstituteVacancy Open To:
All CandidatesPosition Designation:
Adjunct / Part-Time FacultyEmployment Type:
Temporary - Part-timeHours per week:
10-15 contact hours per week (Varies)Work Schedule:
Adjunct faculty teach 1-2 classes per week. Classes are usually taught between 8:30 – 4:30 M-F. Selected candidates will work with the Director to determine a schedule appropriate to the candidate’s availability.Pay Rate:
$4,420 base per 6 contact-hour course (Varies)Minimum Experience/Education:
Master’s degree in TESL, TEFL, linguistics, or other closely related field and experience teaching ESL/EFL.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education::
UNC Charlotte also considers competence, effectiveness, and capacity, including, as appropriate, undergraduate and graduate degrees, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes.
Meet minimum qualifications with specific coursework in culture and society, educational foundations, second-language pedagogy, second-language assessment, and a language teaching practicum.Duties and Responsibilities:
At least one year experience teaching in an intensive English program, preferably university-based.
• Prepare and teach assigned courses in a professional manner and attend all classes for which he/she is assigned (Each ELTI class meets daily, usually between the hours of 8:30 – 4:00, M-TR and 8:30 – 12:30 on Friday) Hours may vary.Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver lessons consistent with the ELTI curriculum guides
• Contribute to creation of materials both individually and in collaboration with other instructors
• Develop and/or update course syllabus, lesson plans, projects, or other student assignments
• Maintain regularly scheduled office hours
• Grade and record student assignments and assessments
• Track student attendance
• Submit completed mid-semester and final student progress reports according to University regulations
• Attend faculty meetings as the adjunct’s schedule allows
• Assist with orientation, placement testing , and other student activities as determined by the ELTI Director
• Regularly check and respond as necessary to email/mail
• Follow ELTI and University policies concerning employee conduct
UNC Charlotte is accepting applications for adjunct or part-time faculty. These positions are temporary and usually involve teaching a particular course or courses for a particular semester. These positions are temporary and do not accrue benefits.
As an EOE/AA employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte encourages applications from all underrepresented groups. Applicants subject to criminal background check.
Adjunct Lecturers may be asked to serve as Coordinators for additional pay.Proposed Hire Date:
08/24/2022Expected Length of Assignment:
Fall 2022 Semester (4 months)Posting Open Date:
05/11/2022Posting Close Date:
08/10/2022Special Notes to Applicants:
Adjunct Lecturers at the English Language Training Institute are classified under “EHRA Temporary Teaching” positions and are contracted for one term, renewable for future terms as the student population and placement demand.
Salary is established per course, and does not include health insurance, retirement or other benefits.
Finalists will be subject to a criminal background check.
Finalists will be required to provide an official transcript.