Adjunct Faculty, Physical Therapy South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of AmericaReq #1530 Wednesday, May 4, 2022 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
POSITION SUMMARY:Adjunct Faculty responsibilities include: classroom instruction, facilitating meaningful learning of course outcomes, assisting students toward successful program completion, and promoting the academic well-being of the program. Adjunct Faculty also participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs, Departments, and Colleges and abide by the mandates set by the South University Board of Trustees and Administration. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Perform Faculty responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty job description and the Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Designs and delivers instruction in alignment with the South University model.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by continuing professional/technical skills development, and introducing professional/industry perspective into courses.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility and exhibiting a passion for teaching and students.
- Manages the educational process to ensure a positive educational experience.
- Practices effective outreach to at-risk and/or absent students.
- Communicates consistently and effectively with Supervisors, University Administrators, Faculty, and other South University Departments.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records and enforcing academic policies consistent with the University, College/School, Campus, or Online Division.
- Participates in the Faculty development process to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Supports local campus by participating on committees, events such as orientation and graduation, including various other workshops and meetings. (Campus).
- For graduate programs, a terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in the discipline to be taught, with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline) required.
- For undergraduate programs, a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the discipline to be taught, with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline) required.
- For associate degree programs in physical therapist assistant, an entry-level degree in physical therapy (PT) or physical therapist assistant (PTA) and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a federally recognized Institutional Accrediting Agency (or its international equivalent) are required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- At least six months teaching experience at another post-secondary education institution (preferred).
- Active, valid, and unencumbered state licensure or certification as applicable to the discipline.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction (preferred).
- Practical experience in the discipline of the program and knowledge of current best practices (in field).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with students and faculty.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail. Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills) and experience with computerized learning management systems.
ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeHourlyRequired EducationMaster’s Degree Apply Now
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America
Share this job: