Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant
School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant
Since the University's founding in 1891, Stanford University Press has been a publisher of creative and sophisticated scholarship.
We seek a highly motivated Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant, supporting our mission to publish books that endure, about ideas that matter.
Reporting to the Marketing & Sales Director, you will provide administrative support and aid in the creation and distribution of marketing materials for Stanford's acclaimed scholarly and trade publications in the humanities, social sciences, and executive education and development.
This is a 100% FTE, continuing position, based in our Redwood City, CA, office. Please include a cover letter with your resume.JOB PURPOSE:
Provide routine administrative or operational support working from detailed instructions.CORE DUTIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- General administration responsibilities, including database and website maintenance, book mailings, and other departmental organizational tasks.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on marketing, publicity and sales efforts; support team members on marketing, publicity and sales campaigns and projects
- Create marketing collateral for distribution to sales agents and accounts
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones and email queries, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility, exhibit, and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule deliveries or repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals, assembling materials, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- May make travel arrangements as directed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves.
- May provide guidance to temporary and student employees on routine matters.
High school diploma or equivalent.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to prioritize, follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3074479
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency