Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery (CTMS) Medical Director, Endocrinology, School of Medicine Tracking Code22500029030509Job Description
The CTMS Medical Director, along with the administrative leadership team, is responsible for the overall clinical management of the Center with the overarching goal of ensuring the provision of high-quality gender affirming care across Boston Medical Center. The Medical Director will oversee clinical aspects of the work of the core CTMS leadership team, participate in surgical readiness planning processes, and collaborate with multiple clinical departments across the institution to help optimize gender affirming aspects of care. Moreover, the Medical Director will work with the leadership of the Transgender Task Force on a variety of clinical, educational, and policy initiatives to improve care for transgender and gender diverse individuals at BMC.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct provision of gender affirming care (primary care or endocrinology) in relevant clinical department/section
- Oversight of core CTMS team including nurse liaison, social worker, program manager, patient navigator, research lead, and more
- Participation in biweekly surgical readiness meetings
- Development and maintenance of clinical protocols relevant to gender affirming care such as endocrinology algorithms, surgical readiness pathways
- Working with operations manager on budget, financial sustainability, hiring, data collection, and quality assurance for the organization as a whole
- Membership on the Transgender Task Force, the Clinical-Services Sub-Committee, and potentially other sub-committees pending applicant interest/alignment
- Supporting key educational efforts around gender affirming care/transgender health such as the Transgender Medicine elective at BUSM, trainings for groups of clinicians/staff, etc.
- With research lead, supporting development of a more robust research infrastructure around gender affirming care
- Collaborating with broader CTMS team on community engagement efforts and partnerships
- With team/patient advocacy, address patient experience concerns around gender affirming care
- Reporting to (relevant clinical chief/chair) as well as Chief Medical Officer
- Advise Boston Medical Center Health Plan re: coverage provisions for gender affirming care
- Clinical background in General Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Endocrinology
- At least 3-5 years of prior clinical experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Clinical practice includes care of transgender patients
Please send CVs to Duan Yang, Administrator Director, at: [email protected]
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular