DIRECTOR, FACULTY ACTIONS, College of Arts & Sciences, Faculty Actions Tracking Code22500110210510Job Description
As Boston University's largest academic division, the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences is looking to hire a Director of Faculty Actions. The Director will manage all full-time faculty, research faculty, and faculty administrative personnel matters for the College of Arts & Sciences, including searches, appointments, promotions, and leaves of absences. This includes actions related to faculty employment, salary actions, the tenure and promotion of faculty, and a variety of special analytical studies each year. The Director also oversees College compliance with the SEIU L509 faculty unions and faculty misconduct for full-time faculty. Additionally, the Director works with the Assistant Dean of Faculty Actions, the Associate Deans of the Faculty and the Dean of the College to establish CAS policy and procedures of faculty matters in accordance with university policy and missions. The Director is responsible for developing and overseeing mentoring activities for faculty as well as administering training for departmental staff on processes related to faculty actions.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Master's degree plus minimum of five years related work experience, with three years of management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and budget management skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong work ethic, detail-oriented multi-tasker able to prioritize work responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team
- Experience in conflict resolution, equity and inclusion services, positive attitude and forward thinker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other project management tools.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular