Provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Academic Computing areas on computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and multimedia for all sites in the college district. Provides training on college software applications, hardware, and distance learning applications for college employees and students on a routine basis. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position. Evening and weekend hours and some travel will be requiredOpen until Filled: First Application Review - May 26, 2022Here are some of the unique benefit opportunities you can take advantage of at CCC:
Arizona State Retirement System- 100% employer matching beginning on your first day! Cafeteria benefit allowance of $5,640 annually, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and voluntary short-term disability. The college also participates in a wellness program and has the advantage of using the Vera Whole Health Clinic. An extremely generous Paid Time Off allotment including spring and winter break, with accrued vacation and sick hours!
Tuition Reimbursement for classes taken at CCC for you or your dependents!We also offer discounted benefits for pet insurance, identify theft and pre-paid legal services. As a CCC employee, you may be eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness based upon the terms and conditions of your specific loans. To learn more about our full-time benefits, please visit: Detailed Overview
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves basic issues associated with desktop computing, desktop application support, printers, network, and other ITS services.
- Provides one-on-one support over the phone and online and in person for ITS related applications and systems.
- Documents & updates installation, configuration, deployment & maintenance procedures.
- Develops and maintains self-service knowledge base articles and FAQ's
- Performs installation, maintenance and troubleshooting operations on both PC and Mac platforms. Includes using standard techniques for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of supported platforms and peripheral systems, (keyboards, mice, monitors, printers etc.)
- Assists the desktop services staff members in testing network applications and setting up imaged computers.
- Assists ITS Department with assembling, disassembling and maintenance of audio/visual equipment for college events, classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of microcomputer (PC) principles, operations and maintenance. Knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems as well as Chrome, Android and IOS operating systems. Knowledge of standard office automation software, such as Microsoft Office. Skill in maintaining both PCs and Mac. Skill in effective business and interpersonal communication. Skill in end-user support. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field, and two years of directly related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department.
- General knowledge of Help Desk ticketing system.
- CompTIA A+ or similar Computer Troubleshooting Certification.
- Ability to work on multiple priority tasks of varying difficulty and length.
- Basic/Advanced technical troubleshooting techniques