Part-Time Grant Administrator, Summer Merit Program Location:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Founded in 1988, Lone Star College-Tomball is the third oldest college in the LSC system. LSC-Tomball offers a wide range of academic and workforce programs and is a leading college in the health sciences. LSC-Tomball is the founding college of the lifePATH® program, a four-year degree for adults with cognitive disabilities. LSC-Tomball enjoys a joint library partnership with Harris County Public Library, and we offer an early college high school with the Tomball Independent School District.
Location address is 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Grant Administrator is responsible for ensuring timely completion and oversite of all financial and program aspects of grant funded projects and activities. This includes but is not limited to; grant-related fiscal responsibility, compliance assurance, reports, audit preparation, and ensuring financial and personnel records management occur as directed by the funding agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assures compliance of all grant deliverables, expenditures and efforts with applicable funding regulations and LSC policies by communicating with relevant college and system-level personnel, including LSC Resource Development & Administration (RDA) Grants Compliance and Administration, Grants Accounting, and other applicable system-level departments
- Communicates with system financial offices to prepare grant budget structures, track grant-funded expenditures, and ensure timely purchase and documentation of allowable grant expenses
- Administers the financial and program aspects of the grant, including any program or fiscal amendments, reports, data collection and other requests by the funder. Prepares all required reports and submits them in a timely manner, as directed by the funder. Sends copies of all reports to the LSC RDA Grants Compliance and Administration who maintains all LSC formal grant records
- Maintains financial and program records such that they are ready at any time for internal (LSC) or external (funder) audits
- Ensures human resource records for grant funded positions are compliant with federal, state and LSC policies, including ensuring payroll expenditures are being allocated to the correct grant account and year and that time-and-effort forms are available for all Perkins-funded staff
- Responsible for other reasonable, related functions as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, and customer relations
- Ability to utilize computer technology to create and access data, maintain records, and generate reports
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to effectively use organizational planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude in demanding work environment
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $29.56
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.