11-May-2022 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA ContractEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area. Job Summary
Teaches courses in the discipline area of Criminal Justice. Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement. Provides tutoring and academic counseling to students, maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework. Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities. Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches typical load of 12 semester-hours of undergraduate courses each semester in the area of Criminal Justice in face-to-face and online formats.
- Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
- Provides advisement, tutoring and academic counseling to students as needed.
- Maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework.
- Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
- Participates in departmental activities and campus life in such events as open house, Banks-Pierro-Ruthland-Bellamy (B-P-R-B) Colloquium, Research Day, etc.
- Requires a PhD or terminal degree in Criminal Justice.
- Considerable teaching experience at undergraduate level in traditional classroom settings and online.
- Proven record of publications in refereed journals and other scholarly sources.
- Ability to obtain and manage grants from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively, participate in departmental and university activities, and mentor students.
- Education: Earned Ph.D. from a regionally accredited and reputable institution.
- Years of experience : 3 or more years
- Specialized knowledge, Professional Certification(s): None
- Skills: Interactively engaging students to develop their enhanced critical thinking skills.
- Abilities: Communication at all levels and student mentoring.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com