Special Project Director, Audio Visual Systems (Temporary)Position Number::
Technical ServicesPosition Classification:
ManagementTime (Percent Time)::
12 Months/YearCurrent Work Schedule (days, hours)::
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pmSalary Range::
Steps 1: $481 dailyShift Differential::
Shift differential eligibility based on the current collective bargaining agreement.Open Date::
04/06/2022Initial Screening Date::
05/04/2022Open Until Filled::
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration.Health & Welfare::
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional – Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Mt. San Antonio College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Lifetime medical benefits are also available for eligible retirees.Basic Function/Overview::
The College contributes an annual premium up to the family coverage amount for Kaiser Permanente $15 office visit medical, DeltaCare HMO dental, VSP vision and life insurance plans for eligible employees.
The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services.
*Note: Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change. Please visit the Mt. San Antonio College Benefits Website for further information.
OVERVIEW:Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities::
Standing on 420 acres at the heart of Southern California, representing the largest community college in California and has grown into a population of over 60,000 students. Mt. San Antonio College strives to be regarded as one of the premier community colleges in the nation. We will be viewed as a leader in community college teaching, programs, and services. We will provide access to quality educational programs and services, focusing on student success within a climate of integrity and respect. We will earn this reputation by consistently exceeding the expectations of our students, our staff, and our community.
Mt. SAC understands the impact and importance of technology and is committed to providing solutions that inspire innovation in teaching. Mt. SAC is striving to provide equitable classroom technologies throughout the campus using standardized systems that meet or exceed professor expectations. These systems are specifically designed to facilitate technology use in the classroom while providing simple and intuitive control. These systems are also integrated with mass notification technology to reliably broadcast messages when it matters most. Mt SAC is also host to many professional broadcast events including The Mt. SAC Relays and looks to host several new national events within the new Hilmer Lodge Stadium and Athletics Complex.
Audio & Video Services continuously strives to produce a higher quality of services designed to meet the expectations of the campus community. We provide a leading-edge technology environment for students, faculty and staff to advance the College’s mission, vision and goals. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our Audio Visual Technology team as the Project Director of Audio Visual Systems. The ideal candidate in this role should have a positive attitude and an active, energetic mind that is characterized by highly ethical practices and a commitment to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity, and kindness.
The Project Director of Audio Visual (AV) Systems administers and designs complex AV systems from inception to completion and client acceptance. Systems include conference rooms, auditoriums, sound and projection systems, conference center with divisible rooms, video conferencing (VTC), digital signage, and video walls. The position is responsible for the design, testing, installation and support of complex audio/visual systems and creates plans that integrate various audiovisual control systems.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED & EXERCISED:
Under direction of the responsible campus-level administrator, perform comprehensive District,
regional, and/or statewide administrative direction of designated special project(s).
1. Plan, develop, direct, and manage District, regional and/or statewide special project(s).Other Duties::
Assume leadership for attainment of project goals and objectives.
2. Coordinate the efforts of departments, colleges, and/or districts involved in the project(s)
and provide technical assistance with program development and implementation.
3. Serve as a resource in maintaining communication with campus, regional, and statewide
project administrators and staff to exchange information, coordinate programs, and resolve
issues and conflicts.
4. Maintain current knowledge of methods and technologies pertinent to the project(s);
conduct and review research studies and surveys regarding project constituents, clients,
5. Direct the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive reports, records,
and files regarding project budgets, personnel, facilities, student attendance, and activities.
6. Direct, supervise, and evaluate the performance of assigned project managers,
coordinators, and staff.
7. Plan and conduct initial screening and interviewing of prospective project employees in
accordance with District policies and procedures, and make recommendations for
8. Participate in the orientation, training, assignment, and evaluation of project personnel.
1. Ongoing project coordination to coordinate work between multiple departments to facilitate the installation of Audio Visual Systems.
2. Oversees purchasing process of all audiovisual equipment and works with Project Manager in the Facilities Department in obtaining appropriate documentation from contractor to perform work on the campus.
3. Reports to the Manager, Technical Services Engineering, working on numerous AV projects across the campus.
4. Possess advanced job knowledge and certifications for programming, design, and implementations of complex audio-visual systems to design audio visual systems for learning spaces across campus.
5. Using experience and knowledge, this position also develops advanced and highly customized audio-visual systems utilizing the latest technologies in innovative ways for various spaces across the campus that include but are not limited to; classrooms, computer labs, collaborative spaces, and teleconferencing rooms.
6. Leads the implementation of these advanced projects by coordinating the work with multiple on campus groups such as Facilities, IT, and Fiscal Services.
7. Lead staff members to assign tasks, set installation schedules, and coordinates support work to ensure timely and successful completion of projects.
8. Works closely with other divisions and Facilities Management team to implement different audiovisual projects.
Performs other related duties as assigned.Knowledge Of::
1. Project policies, procedures and practices.Skills and Abilities::
2. Writing, implementation, and evaluation of grants.
3. Organizational operations and grant budgetmanagement.
1. Assess, develop, implement, and evaluate project activities.Minimum Qualifications:
2. Organize time and resources.
3. Work both independently and in a team environment.
4. Utilize word processing and spreadsheet software.
5. Coordinate and conduct meetings.
6. Speak and write effectively.
7. Utilizecorrect English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field plus two years of relevant full-time experience or the equivalent part-time experience. Eight years of relevant full-time experience or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of relevant full-time experience may be substituted for the previously listed education and experience requirement.Equivalencies::
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is listed in the Minimum Qualifications section.Preferred Qualifications::
• AVIXA CTS, CTS-D, CTS-IWorking Environment::
• Extron XTP-E Certification
• Extron ECP Certification
• Extron NAV Certification
• Extron ECS Certification
• QSC Qsys Certification
• Audinate Dante Certification
• SynAudCon Techician/Designer certification
• Certified Network Specialist including CCNA or COMPTIA
• Extensive network engineering experience including multicast routing.
Typical software tools include Microsoft Office, Visio, D-Tools, Bluebeam, Smartsheet.
Typical systems used include Carousel, Alertus Technologies, Dante Domain Manager, Extron Global Viewer Enterprise, and Windows DHCP management.
Conditions of Employment::
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate. Special Notes::
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]. Foreign Transcripts::
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY : Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to a $500 maximum (per position recruitment). Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate. Travel reimbursement claims must be submitted no later than 30 days following the interview date.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.Inquiries/Contact::
Human Resources Selection Procedure::
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399.
Phone: (909) 274-4225
E-mail: [email protected]
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.Special Instructions to Applicants::
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.EEO Policy::
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy::
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.Quick Link: