DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDept SOM Psych -ArtsJob Title Residential Treatment Counselor (Mental Health Clinician Open Rank)Position #680681 – Requisition #25915
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Residential Treatment Counselor (Mental Health Clinician Open Rank) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Minimum Qualifications:Mental Health Clinician I –
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment.One year of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.Possess a valid registration in good standing with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a Certified Addictions Technician (CAT)Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)Mental Health Clinician II
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment.Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.Possess a valid registration in good standing with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a Certified Addictions Specialist (CAS) (Substitution: Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Examples of work performed:
- Maintain an ongoing caseload and complete corresponding documentation of client’s behavior, progress, problems, etc. in a timely manner. Documentation will be maintained in an Electronic Health Record and some paperwork will be kept in client’s central file. Record keeping must be in accordance with all licensing standards as directed by the Office of Behavioral Health, Division of Criminal Justice, Signal Behavior Health and Department of Corrections.
- Conduct weekly cognitive behavioral group sessions such as Strategies of Self Improvement and Change, Seeking Safety (trauma informed care), Relapse Prevention, and Anger Management.
- Conduct weekly and monthly individual sessions to monitor client’s progress.
- Assist, develop and maintain an ongoing treatment plan for each client on the counselor’s caseload.
- Observe and monitor client behaviors and initiate prescribed interventions when needed.
- This position will attend ongoing supervision meetings with immediate supervisor as well as other treatment meetings that are scheduled throughout the month.
- Maintain continuing education requirements for profession growth and development in accordance with licensing standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of clientele, personal health information.
- Provide professional customer service to clientele and outside agencies.
- Proficient use of Microsoft systems, including Word and Outlook
- Data entry utilizing Access and CareLogic systems..
Conditions of Employment:Must be willing and able to … (Staff who will work shift schedules) 1pm-9pm, 4pm-12am Saturday’s or Sundays.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. Preferred Qualifications:Human Resources will insert preferred qualifications here – experience, education, licensure, or certifications.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at: MHC I $39645.36 to $44235.36MHCII $42607.44 - $47540.16The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Health CarePrimary Location:
May 10, 2022Unposting Date: