DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusFacilities Management Quality Assurance Coordinator (Custodian III)Position #666218 – Requisition #23795* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.About the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.Facilities Management has an opening for a full-time State Classified Quality Assurance Coordinator (Custodian III) positionJob Summary:
The Quality Assurance Coordinator assists in the oversight, communication and delivery of the Custodial Services Contract. This position is responsible for performing and supervising subordinates' daily inspections of the assigned areas to make sure the desired quality of services is met. This position will; work closely with customers to ensure their needs and expectations are appropriately met, and provide the support for special events crew by setting up and tearing down stages, canopies, placement of tables and chairs and other items as needed. This position will work hand in hand with the Materials Handling area through their Supervisor to assist when needed with the receiving of deliveries and escorting the delivery people to their destination within the facility. This service will be provided when there is no Materials Handling personnel available. This position also coordinates various other key functions such as the confidential shredding program and flags. In addition, the Quality Assurance Coordinator supervises five full-time General Labor II positions, including performing all required steps of the performance management and progressive discipline processes in a timely manner.Examples of Work Performed:Quality Assurance Program (40%)
Supervision of Building Proctors (45%)
- Conducts daily inspections and documents assigned areas to ensure the quality and level of custodial services are being met. Performs custodial duties as needed to re-stock paper goods, emergency cleanups, other duties as assigned. Communicates with customers in order to ensure they are satisfied with the services they are receiving.
Confidential Shredding Program (10%)
- Includes assigning work and various tasks, providing training, performing all Performance Management processes (develops plans, does coaching sessions, completes evaluations, implements progressive discipline) in a timely manner. Inspecting the work of the Building Proctors to ensure they are meeting standards and retraining as required. Ensuring that proctors are documenting all of their inspections in a complete and thorough manner. Coordinating Proctor duties including but not limited to raising, lowering and maintaining flags, special projects and backing up and supporting Pest Control Supervisor including the waste removal program.
Emergencies, Special Events and Other Duties (5%)
- Responsible for coordinating with the vendor and customers pertaining to confidential document shredding. Coordinates and monitors shred bins. Ensures that containers are placed in the most cost effective manner (in areas that have shredding needs). Ensures that all HIPAA and privacy/confidentiality requirements are met and addressed through the program.
Salary & Benefits:
- Participates and assists in emergencies based on the magnitude and nature. Supports various special events both in preparation and during the event (i.e. Commencement). Assists with snow removal. May be assigned other duties as required. Supports all aspects of Diversity consistent with the institution when dealing with employees, vendors and customers.
Hiring Salary Range: $3,650 - $4,035 per month ($43,800 - $48,420 per year)The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions and/or in recognition of prior and applicable skills, experience, certifications, etc...This position is eligible for overtime compensationYour total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationAdditional Information:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxReference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
QualificationsPlease make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Minimum Qualifications:
At least two (2) years of experience providing custodial services and customer servicePreferred Qualifications:
At least five (5) years of experience providing custodial services and customer serviceExperience supervising staffCompetencies:
The ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervisionStrong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgroundsExcellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional mannerTroubleshooting and problem solving skillsPhysical abilitiesMechanical abilitiesConditions of Employment:
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug testSubject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department PoliciesMust be willing and able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. occasionally, and up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 20 lbs. constantlyMust be willing and able to walk, stand, use manual dexterity, and eye/hand coordination constantlyMust be willing and able to sit, climb, crawl, kneel, bend, reach, push, and pull frequentlyMust be willing and able to work outside, exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather, and in high, exposed placesMust be willing and able to work with others and effectively communicate verbally and in writingMust be willing and able to work in small, confined spaces and work around machinery or moving equipmentMust be willing and able to work with toxic or caustic chemicals, and be exposed to radiant energy and electrical shockNOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, “Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week”. Position may also be required to “Stay over late” or “Come in early” to “Cover” shifts, as needed and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes.The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Facilities/Labor,Trades & CraftsPrimary Location:
May 9, 2022Unposting Date:
May 24, 2022, 12:59:00 AM