University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of GI, Trauma, and Endocrine Surgery
Position #00796473 – Requisition #25900
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.Nature of Work
A post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Elizabeth J. Kovacs, PhD in the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus. The laboratory works on multi-organ system inflammatory response and innate immunity in the context of traumatic and infection. Recent studies have focused on the effects of alcohol intoxication, advanced age, sex differences and infection of the initation and resolution of inflammation.The full-time post-doctoral position will support NIH-funded research projects. The post-doctoral trainee will be mentored by Dr. Kovacs and her staff and will work collaboratively with junior and senior investigators as well as research assistants and associates in the Kovacs lab. The post-doctoral fellow will have the opportunity to work independently and propose studies that complement ongoing and expand upon projects in the lab. Examples of Work Performed:
This position is funded by a T32 - Ruth L. Kirschstein Institutional National Research Service and Award grant, which requires that appointees be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in a research or clinical doctoral or postdoctoral program.Salary and Benefits:
- Design and carry out cell culture and rodent-based research projects
- Develop and troubleshoot research protocols
- Help train laboratory personnel in experimental techniques
- Conduct cell biology, immunology, and biochemical studies examining protein producton and gene expression
- Perform flow cytometry and immunofluorescence microscopy studies
- Present results at lab meetings and at research conferences
- Write, edit and publish manuscripts
- Prepare grant applications
- Perform all research compliance activities required by the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
The salary range for this position is based on NIH post-doc salary levels and is commensurate with experience. The full range for this position is $54,835 - $65,598.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimum QualificationsMust meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- <1 year of post-doctoral experience and a PhD in immunology, microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry or a closely related field
- Experience working with rodent models and/or human specimens, and basic molecular cell culture skills
- First-author on research papers published in peer-reviwed journals
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
May 6, 2022Unposting Date: