DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusRegulatory Compliance Office – Clinical Research AdministrationJob Title – Contracts AdmininstratorPosition #1095 – Requisition #NUMBER
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: Click Here
Denver: Click Here
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.About the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.Clinical Research Administration has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Contracts Admininistrator position.Nature of Work:
Work in a dynamic clinical research administration office that strives to efficiently and effectively manage the operational components of clinical research in collaboration with our clinical research team. This service-based resource is critical infrastructure that enables the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus to meet its research mission through the translational research pipeline. This is a Contracts Administrator position that will be assigned to manage all correspondence and follow up related to the review and negotiation sponsored research agreements, material transfer agreements and confidential disclosure agreements. The individual may also provide general assistance in other areas as required and will be assigned to various office tasks as work volume requires. The individual will report to the Director of Clinical Research Administration. This position has the possibility to be partially or fully remote.Examples of Work Performed:Contract negotiation process management
Serve as a Contracts Administrator for the Clinical Research Administration Office located on the Anschutz Medical campus.
- Once an initial review and negotiation of terms and conditions has completed for a research agreement type, send the draft document to the outside party for their review.
- Respond to follow up correspondence and send to reviewer for additional review, input or clearance to start signatures.
- Manage the signature process using Adobe sign or Docusign, obtaining all required signatures.
- Appropriately identify and escalate issues to a Lead Clinical Research Contracts Associate.
- Assure a fully executed copy of the document is provided to all parties.
- Upon full execution of the document, assure correspondence file is up to date and prep for Close out.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with appropriate faculty and staff to ensure comprehension of final set of terms and conditions.
- Participate with other team members regarding development of practices and procedures in areas in need of development/improvement.
- Help identify, discuss, and solve workflow issues common to the clinical research contracts process.
- Assistance is provided by attending meetings, researching issues, and drafting reports. Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Provide coverage as needed
- Willingness to help find answers to questions that are outside area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $54,960 to $60,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of professional level experience in a fast paced, high volume customer service or support role.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Or a certificate from an accredited paralegal training program and 2 years of relevant experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree.
- Experience in higher education grants and contracts administration
- Experience with industry-sponsored clinical research contracts.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Excellent analytical skills including the ability to apply basic math skills Organizational and time managementMicrosoft Office Suite applications, including Word and Outlook Edit documents based on policy and procedureIdentify issues and escalate for discussionWork in a high volume office with deadlines.Understand and interpret applicable laws, policies, regulations, rules, guidelines, etc.Job Category:
Research ServicesPrimary Location:
May 5, 2022Unposting Date: