DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine - Dean’s Office, Community Practice Division Official Title: Administrative Assistant IIIWorking Title: Patient Service Representative (PSR) II- Oncology, Highlands RanchPosition #00796460 – Requisition #25925
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The School of Medicine - Dean’s Office, Community Practice Division has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Patient Service Representative (PSR) II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Summary:
Responsible for providing efficient, effective, and quality customer service through a variety of duties including, but not limited to answering patient calls, completing estimates for in-office procedures, tracking and assigning surgical devices and coordinating those orders with the Practice Manager. Additionally, this position will coordinate all incoming referrals and ensure accurate flow of these referrals to ensure reimbursement. Contributes to the growth of the medical practice by promoting an excellent, positive, professional image and actively participates as a member of the team and carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice and the University of Colorado School of Medicine (CUSOM).Position Responsibilities:
- Acknowledges and welcomes patients and visitors; sets the tone for a positive experience.
- Advanced knowledge in patient registration, check-in, in office and phone scheduling across multiple practice sites.
- Reviews the Daily Appointment Report three to five days in advance for patient appoints to ensure referral accuracy.
- Monitors provider schedules daily to ensure that all open appointment slots are filled same day and schedules are free of roadblocks.
- Collects patient copays and balances drawer daily.
- Prepares patient charts as directed.
- Completes in-office procedure estimates confirming coding is correct for accurate estimates and communicating estimates to patients. Coordinates with Healthcare Operations Coordinator and Practice Manager for coding issues or questions as needed.
- Track, assign and coordinate surgical devices to ensure each device is accounted for and at the appropriate location for insertion.
- Assists with the coordination of replacement of failed devices.
- Tracks patients and schedules follow up appointments.
- Coordinates incoming referrals and ensures attachment to appointment for proper insurance reimbursement.
- Processes and completes medical records requests.
- Able to foster strong communication with medical and non-medical staff to create an efficient working environment.
- Customer Service - interacts positively with all internal and external patients and takes immediate action to meet patient needs.
- Uses critical thinking through prioritizing and managing daily business operations.
- Takes initiative and has positive attitude.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains an environment of professional excellence.
- Practices and promotes professional care within legal and ethical standards.
- Strong team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in dealing with unforeseen developments through problem-solving.
- Mobilizes staff cooperation and participation in implementation of change.
- Utilizes effective communication systems to ensure flow of patient services and continuity of care.
- Maintains open lines of communication with all staff, leadership and physicians.
- Assists leadership with informing staff and physicians of applicable informational updates.
- Maintains a working knowledge of managed care and value-based care models, coding and billing procedures, and medical records utilization management. Also maintains working knowledge around commercial, government and self-pay reimbursement models.
- Maintains a working knowledge of accepted payer plans, including governmental and grant programs. Serves as an expert in this area with all staff, supervisors, Practice Manager and physicians.
Direct Patient Interactions:
- Participates in expediting patient care as necessary.
- Expresses empathy in patient interactions and focuses on the needs of the patient, staff, providers, practice and organization simultaneously.
- Promptly addresses patient complaints and other patient-related issues.
- Serves as a champion for patient and staff safety.
- Communicates in a competent and effective manner to meet patient and/or family needs and regulatory or organizational requirements.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team, the patient, and families to promote efficient and appropriate customer service.
- Complies with applicable University of Colorado School of Medicine, Community Practice mandatory education and training.
- Must be able to get along well with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and be able to follow work.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through identification of own learning needs.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current trends in health and ambulatory care.
- Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
Within DepartmentCross-departmentalPhysiciansAPPsStudentsManagementFacultyRisk ManagementSafety & Infection ControlMarketingBusiness Office
PatientsFamiliesVendorsInsurance CompaniesRegulatory AgenciesMediaMiscellaneous business partners, utilities, etc.VisitorsOther healthcare agenciesPhysical Requirements & Working Conditions: The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Frequency:
- N= Not at all
- R= Rarely: Less than once an hour
- O= Occasional: 1-4 times/hour or up to 1/3 of the shift
- F= Frequent: 5-12 times/hour or up to 2/3 of the shift
- C= Constant: More than 2/3 of the shift
StandFPush or pull with hands/armsFWalkFLift hands above headFWalk on uneven &/or slippery surfacesOClimb or balanceOSitFStoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bendFUse of handsFClimb stairsOForceful grip w/ handsOTalkCReach w/ armsFHearCLifting up to 10 lbsFWork in outdoor weather conditionsRLifting up to 25 lbsFAwkward posturesRLifting up to 50 lbsRClose vision (20” or less)CCommunicateCDistance vision (20’+)CInterpersonal skillsCPeripheral visionCAbility to adjust focusCDepth perceptionCWork in a loud environmentF
- Position requires the ability to work in multiples spaces (on and off site)
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Minimum Qualifications
At least three years of healthcare clinic and/or administrative/customer service experience Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.Conditions of Employment:
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross healthcare provider level CPR certification or completed within 90 days of hireApplicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care related field2+ years healthcare clinic experience in area of specialtyBilingual, Spanish-speakingComputer Skills:MS Office: Excel, Power Point, Word, OutlookElectronic Medical RecordCredit card and cash handling/recordingEPICKronosKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, to include physicians, leadership, and staff within the various affiliate organizations (CU SOM, UCH, Children’s Colorado, CU Medicine).Ability to work within large, complex healthcare systems.Salary and Benefits:
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.Ability to analyze and interpret data.Ability to develop and deliver presentations.Ability to document effectively.Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.Ability to deal with stressful situations.Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks.Ability to lead work teams.Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.Ability to maintain confidentiality.Ability to negotiate, persuade and establish direction.Ability to organize workflow.Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing.Ability to plan, coordinate and develop multiple projects.Ability to work as an effective team member.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $44,933.04 to $49,669.92. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
May 10, 2022Unposting Date: