TEMP-Admin Clerical Cust Svc (CEISMC) Location:
Atlanta, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics and Computing (CEISMC) is a unit within the Office of the Provost at Georgia Tech. CEISMC serves as the primary connection point between Georgia Tech faculty and students and the preK-12 STEM education community. CEISMC enhances PreK-12 and post-secondary STEM education by drawing upon the expertise and scholarly contributions of the Georgia Tech community. CEISMC advocates for and leads systemic changes to increase STEM interest and achievement for all students, especially those underrepresented in STEM. CEISMC’s research efforts allow for the identification and dissemination of evidence-based best practices in STEM education. For more information about CEISMC, please visit our website at ceismc.gatech.edu.
Provide office support services within a campus unit to include organizing and preparing correspondence, reports and other documentation; scheduling meetings and events; file maintenance, and related administrative activities; and assisting customers with their service needs. Specific duties will be determined based on assignment and unit needs. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and staff, vendors and office visitorsThis position typically will advise and counsel: NA This position will supervise: NA
Job Duty 1 -
Compose routine correspondence; prepare and route correspondence, reports and other documentation.
Job Duty 8 -
Gather pertinent information regarding customer service needs.
Job Duty 9 -
Respond to customer questions or concerns.
Job Duty 10 -
Perform other duties as assigned
Job Duty 2 -
Compile and organize data for use in reports.
Job Duty 3 -
Schedule and make arrangements for meetings and other events.
Job Duty 4 -
Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed.
Job Duty 5 -
Maintain office supplies inventory.
Job Duty 6 -
Maintain filing system.
Job Duty 7 -
Receive and refer phone calls; greet and direct office visitors.
- Teacher for approximately 15 students during a six-week summer enrichment program.
- Responsible for planning and instruction in math, reading, and science using a wide range of teaching aids.
- Maintains attendance records, writes lesson plans, teaches lessons, and provides evaluative feedback.
- Create PBL science-based unit that includes ELA and Math tasks.
- Teacher will work in partnership with approximately 1 teaching assistant and possibly 1 volunteer in the classroom each day. The lead teacher will be responsible for ensuring the teaching assistant and volunteer work together to provide small group support to Horizons students.
- Teachers are required to attend all field trips, participate in daily meals (breakfast & lunch) with the students, supervise bus duty, attend Faculty Meetings as well as all other duties that may be required.
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Other Required Qualifications
Ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Up to two years of job related experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
This job requires skills in general office administration to include document preparation and processing, records management, event planning and organization, spoken/written communications and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task. Skill in basic office related computer applications is required.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.