Assistant Basketball Coach Location:
Atlanta, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
To provide instructional, recruiting and organizational expertise for the Men’s Basketball program at Georgia Tech, supporting the Head Coach in building an environment that inspires and empowers student-athletes to be champions in academics, competition, and life.
- Support the Head Coach in evaluating individual and team strengths and developing strategies for skill improvement.
- Support the Head Coach with all games, scrimmages, and practices.
- Support the Head Coach in providing appropriate discipline for student-athletes for violations of team rules or Georgia Tech and Association regulations, or conduct impacting upon team matters, team policies or the reputation of Georgia Tech and the Association.
- Assist the Head Coach and support staff in planning and supervising programs for player training, conditioning, and drug education and testing.
- Assist the Head Coach in recommending students for athletic grant-in-aid scholarships from Georgia Tech.
- Assist the Head Coach with the recruitment of student-athletes for the Men’s Basketball program.
- Direct Men’s Basketball program student-athletes to the appropriate resources for assistance regarding financial aid, academic advisement, and general student needs provided by Georgia Tech or the Association.
- Assist the Head Coach and support staff with providing appropriate program safety requirements.
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the Men’s Basketball program. Cooperate with the Association compliance office regarding NCAA rules and policies, including reporting requirements. Make a determined effort to utilize available compliance resources.
- Support the Head Coach and Association administration in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to facilitate pursuit of a baccalaureate degree.
- Participate in public relations and promotions for the Men’s Basketball program as assigned, and support the Communications and Public Relations department in the preparation of Men’s Basketball program materials and resources.
- Partner with The Alexander-Tharpe Fund as needed in fundraising efforts to support the Men’s Basketball program, Georgia Tech, and the Association, including encouraging contributions.
- Assist the Head Coach in overseeing the preparation and update of the equipment inventory for the Men’s Basketball program in partnership with the equipment manager.
- Assist the Head Coach with expending operational resources budgeted to the Men’s Basketball program in a manner consistent with Georgia Tech and Association policies.
- Represent Georgia Tech the Association as requested with efforts and initiatives involving Georgia Tech partners, including the Alexander-Tharpe Fund and Alumni Association, and with intercollegiate athletics organizations such as the NCAA and ACC.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Exhibit Georgia Tech and the Association’s core values of character, excellence, teamwork, and innovation. Promote these values throughout the organization with a focus on fulfilling the mission of Georgia Tech and the Association.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Two to three years of job related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will not require driving.
This role is not a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will travel.
This position does not require security clearance.
Ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.