Program Support Coordinator (ATAS) Cobb County Research Facility Location:
Cobb County, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Provide unit level support for project procurement efforts, inventory management, and delivery status for targeted programs and/or projects and unit initiatives.
ATAS develops advanced technologies and systems from concept development to prototypes. Included are system simulations and test and evaluations related to threat radars, missiles, air and ground vehicles, unmanned and autonomous systems, transportation systems, power and energy systems, and food processing technologies.
Job Duty 1 -
Plan, execute and provide assistance for meeting and event logistics and scheduling
Job Duty 2 -
Establish schedules, oversee arrangements and provide logistics support for targeted programs and/or projects and unit initiatives
Job Duty 3 -
Evaluate, assess and report on the feasibility and sustainability of potential programs, projects and initiatives
Job Duty 4 -
Provide necessary support related to the identification and execution of adopted unit programs/projects and other unit initiatives
Job Duty 5 -
Develop, arrange/coordinate meetings and project materials for distribution, as necessary
Job Duty 6 -
Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports for targeted programs/projects and other unit initiatives
Job Duty 7 -
Monitor and update appropriate stakeholders of progress/milestones for program/project objectives
Job Duty 8 -
Perform other duties as assigned
Provide excellent customer service to GTRI Engineers, Technical Staff, and Leadership in duties as
• Receive and log order requests in current tracking databases, and/or software.
• Evaluate order details for correct supplier details, charge number, and need-by-date.
• Submit orders in Georgia Tech purchasing system or utilize p-card in a timely manner with close attention
to details, quantity, and need-by-date.
• Engage business operations, procurement, accounting staff, suppliers, and approvers as needed for
successful order fulfillment
• Compile, organize and analyze procurement and parts data for use in reports.
• Interact with vendors as needed to fulfill procurements as required by project managers.
• Manage, document, and follow-up on order status to support project requirements.
• Regularly communicate with engineering staff to clarify parts details, update availability status, and notify
of expected and actual arrival dates.
• Verify receipt of items and clear invoices for payment.
• Submit other invoice payment requests as needed.
• Responsible use of state-issued purchasing card; maintain detailed and orderly records to support
reconciling same at the end of every month.
Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years job related experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience dealing with vendors and procurements processes
- Able to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- The ideal candidate will have good verbal communication skills for interacting with Research Faculty and Vendors; be detail/task oriented; self motivated with the ability to work well independently or on a team.
- Due to contracting requirements with the federal government, the candidate selected for this position must be able to obtain and retain a DoD security clearance. Candidate must meet requirements for and obtain state purchasing card.
Equal Employment Opportunity Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position requires that you are able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.