Adjunct Faculty - University CollegePosition Number::
FA5026Full-time or Part-time::
Temporary PoolsPosting Number::
EHRA (Faculty)Job Category::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency::
Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT POOL FOR ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS NOT SPECIFICALLY ADVERTISED. PLEASE SPECIFY THE DISCIPLINE AREA FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING ON THE EPA APPLICATION. Description of Work Continued::
We invite applications to be submitted for potential openings.
The Freshman Seminar course is two-semester course designed to transition, connect, and acclimate new students to Fayetteville State University. The course creates an awareness of various campus resources and holistic skill sets necessary to achieve educational and career success. Through the nurturing of academic, personal, social, occupational, and technological talents, students develop the academic and professional skills necessary to be successful in college and the global community. The benefits of teaching Freshman Seminar are numerous for the strong, serious, and caring instructor.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements::
Freshman Seminar instructors serve as educators, resources, and representatives of Fayetteville State University. Additionally, Freshman Seminar instructors will demonstrate the use of appropriate teaching techniques, use of appropriate testing and grading procedures, including proper maintenance of electronic grade books, such as Banner and Canvas and any other appropriate record-keeping requirements.
Instructor must demonstrate the effective use of oral and written communication skills, follow approved curriculum standards, and implement department course syllabi.The instructor should also advice and counsel students and maintain appropriate records for each student.Instructors should also attend meetings as required and observe and enforce the institution’s mission, core values, and policies.
These positions are continuous in order to develop a qualified pool of interested candidates. If your academic area of interest/expertise meets the programmatic needs of FSU at any time, you will be contacted to discuss proposed opportunities. These needs change from semester to semester.
Adjunct positions are employed for one semester of one year only on a part-time or full-time basis. Rank is dependent upon credentials.
Master’s or Ph.D. degree with 18 credits hours in a desired teaching discipline. Experience with Online Education delivery is beneficial.Knowledge skills and abilities::
All degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Individual program requires specific licensure/certification.
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; Ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learning
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
Special Instructions to Applicants::
- Minimum plus experience with student affairs, advising, financial aid, and student support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and efficiency in the use of Canvas.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must have experience in an academic setting.
- Must have excellent technological skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position.
Applications are purged every 12 months. Applicants are encouraged to reapply if still interested.Open Until Filled::
YesAdditional Information for Applicants:
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable). Veteran's Statement:
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, or political affiliation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Quick Link: