Job DescriptionThe Graduate School Office of Admissions and Enrollment has an opportunity for an Admissions Counselor.
This position provides on-going admissions, enrollment, and academic advisory support by reviewing applications, evaluating transcripts, and facilitating the graduate application processes for the specific degree programs ( known as contemporary programs) of the Graduate School at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). This position serves as the point-of-contact between its customers consisting of prospective students, applicants, admitted students and enrolled students, and the degree program. The Graduate Admissions Counselor also serves as the point-of-contact between the faculty of the designated programs and central service offices of the University including the Office of the Registrar, the Financial Aid office, International Student Services, Student Support Services (student health, disability support, counseling, writing center, etc), CITS, and others. Benefits Information
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Esstential Functions
- Serves as a liaison to the admissions committee, screens, verifies, and evaluates data on admissions applications and transcript materials. Maintains all online applications within the CRM and ImageNow systems. Assists in student recruitments and conducts interviews with prospective students.
- Participates in open houses for prospective students, onsite school visits, orientations, and other marketing and recruitment events.
- Prepares reports concerning admissions and any research conducted in the area of enrollment development.
- Guides prospective students through recruitment and pre-admissions advisement by instructing them in the application process and informing them of deadlines.
- Provides enrollment and progression support and manages changes to registration activities. Serves as liaison to progression committee members for each concentration, track, and degree program as necessary.
- Manages registration, add/drop and other registration changes, leave of absence (LOA) and withdrawal functions, including the actual data entry into the registration system.
- Facilitates support to students for academic advisement/course scheduling, student ID’s and email accounts, financial aid, health, disability and veteran services, housing, etc.
- Provides information of incoming students and class rosters to program directors.
- Assists in acquisition of appropriate data for program review and course catalog updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience:
One (1) year of experience in admissions, student enrollment, or a related field. Preferred Experience:
Administrative experience in which program coordination is the primary responsibility. Experience in higher education and experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM), ImageNow, and Banner. Other:
Related experience may be substituted for education. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Hiring Range for this position is in the high $40,000s to low $50,000s, commensurate with education and experience.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts.
- Must be proficient with internet/electronic communications and MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Respect and Integrity, Well-being and Sustainability, Equity and Justice, and Innovation and Discovery.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
Graduate SchoolJob Posting:
May 3, 2022Unposting Date:
Jun 2, 2022, 10:59:00 PM