Job DescriptionAs part of the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s (UMB) ongoing commitment to creating and maintaining a campus environment free from sexual discrimination and sex- and gender-based harassment, the University seeks to fill a position for a Title IX Coordinator (Equity Access & Compliance Title IX Investigator).
The Title IX Coordinator has responsibility for overseeing the university’s compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other requirements relating to discrimination based on sex or gender. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing a comprehensive Title IX training, education, and awareness program; coordinating and directing the resolution process in cases that implicate the university’s Title IX–related policies; maintaining records related to Title IX; creating and submitting any reports related to Title IX to internal and external stakeholders, as required; and monitoring developments in the law, regulations, and best practice. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for the intake of allegations and complaints of sexual misconduct (as defined by UMB Policy), providing supportive and interim measures to parties to complaints of sexual misconduct, directing informal resolutions of complaints of sexual misconduct, and organizing any related resolution panels or hearings. The Office of Accountability and Compliance administers the University’s compliance program, managing the UMB hotline, conducting compliance resolutions and investigations, and providing Title IX required services. Benefits Information
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. UMB will requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
- Monitors and provides oversight of the Title IX Program, including coordinating and implementing training, education, communication, and administration of resolution procedures and processes for sexual misconduct related complaints.
- Ensures all parties involved in sexual misconduct resolution processes understand the formal and informal processes, their rights and responsibilities, and how to access resources, as necessary.
- Collaborates with on and off campus resources including law enforcement and victim services in assisting with filing of criminal complaints or seeking medical attention, as requested.
- Provides ongoing updates regarding the status of complaints and investigations to the Director, Special Projects and appropriate University employees assisting with the University’s response.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of statistical, demographic, and subject matter data related to Title IX/sexual misconduct complaints and trends.
- Works collaboratively to ensure that the University’s processes, responses, and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations related to sexual misconduct.
- Utilizes case management programs (currently EthicsPoint) to document resolution activities and case milestones. This includes being responsible for keeping thorough, accurate, and comprehensive records related to all assigned cases.
- Responsible for effective collaboration and communication with key stakeholders and partners.
- Identifies and assesses potential root causes and champion awareness and remediation of the same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) or equivalent certification in a relevant field such as Education, Law Enforcement, Legal Studies, Health, or Human Services. Experience:
Four (4) years of relevant experience conducting investigations, preferably in a higher education setting. Experience in a Title IX program preferred. Certification/Licensure:
Certified Title IX Coordinator through ATIXA within six months of employment. Other:
Knowledge of government regulations that pertain to students, faculty and University staff, such as Title IX Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other anti-discrimination laws and regulation. Ability to work evenings and weekends as may be required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Hiring Range for this position is in the low $80,000s to low $90,000s, commensurate with education and experience.
- Knowledge of Title IX and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to guide, advise, and support the training and learning process with respect to Title IX and VAWA compliance.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the UMB Community.
- Sense of urgency in completing tasks and capable of meeting deadlines when required.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as described and as modified from time-to-time based on the needs of the Office.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request.
You may also contact [email protected]
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
University AccountabilityJob Posting:
May 10, 2022Unposting Date:
Jun 9, 2022, 10:59:00 PM