School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nationâ€™s top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Primary Department Preferred Skils:
Work in video designed for academics
AV helpdesk skills
Coordinate and produce studio and field-based video, still and motion graphics for use in medical education, AV curriculum support, promotional purposes, web content, and communications for the School of Medicine.
- Provide audio visual support for the School of Medicine related events and classes as needed. Perform routine maintenance on AV equipment in the School of Medicine. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Maintain inventory of required audio-visual supplies and equipment; Explore and facilitate the development and use of current and future technologies, such as the use of 3D & 4k video in medical education; recommend purchase of new equipment and supplies; perform routine maintenance on photographic, sound, and related equipment.
- Organize and direct media projects; supervise production, including scheduling personnel and resources, sound recording, editing, graphic design, and script writing.
- Discuss media production needs with clients to determine program content and structure; Preview films with clients; edit films; coordinate production of artwork to include titles and animations.
- Maintain records reflecting operational activities, costs of services and inventory of productions.
- Assist in teaching media workshops and educational programs to train participants in the mechanics and application of still and motion media; advise faculty, staff and clients concerning application of audiovisual equipment and methods.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires an understanding of the production of still and motion media projects in order to coordinate and direct the production of such projects, normally acquired through a college education in a media production area.
Work requires at least two years of experience in media production including at least one year of cinematography or video experience to become proficient in the direction of media projects to include supervising the production, scheduling, contracting professional services, directing location shooting, sound recording, editing and various other related technical duties OR AN EQUIVALENT OR COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.