The responsibilities of this position include overall operational, fiscal, strategic development and leadership/management of the Duke Center for Living at Fearrington with support from the Associate Executive Director at Galloway Ridge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership across all areas of the business, ensuring a positive outcome for both clients and staff.
- Develops annual capital and operations budget and ensures successful fiscal outcome.
- Monitors financial performance on on-going basis and adjusts as needed to meet goals. Clearly understand s performance within individual programs and within larger context. Reviews pricing structure periodically to ensure balance with revenue needs and ability to be competitive.
- Evaluates all current and possible revenue sources on continuous basis for opportunities to enhance financial wellness.
- Oversees all financial processes, including billing, deposits, audits, payroll, etc.
- Compiles and evaluates variety of benchmarks for continuous improvement and growth opportunities.
- Create s and sustains wellness programs that are safe, effective and meets clients’ needs.
- Implements yearly marketing strategy, based on knowledge of local competition and marketing experience, to support continual membership and revenue growth.
- Maintains or increases overall high member retention.
- Provides variety of feedback mechanisms for client issues and concerns, including formal survey of all programs and facility. Resulting data used to improve level of satisfaction.
- Facilitates growth and development of all staff, including cross-training, staff in-services, professional conferences and courses and on-the-job training.
- Establish and help lead organizational meetings on regular basis to enhance communication and build professional relationships.
- Monitors both organizational and staffing effectiveness to maximize efficiency and to provide adequate coverage of all programming needs.
- Direct involvement in hiring, training and review of all fitness center personnel.
- Obtains and maintains all necessary licensure, permits, etc. in order to be compliant with local, state and federal regulations.
- Establishes practices to meet applicable JCAHO standards on daily basis.
- Responds to all safety related incidents and takes necessary action to eliminate or reduce safety issues for both clients and staff.
- Develops and administers operating Policies & Procedures across all areas of organization.
- Oversees all facility operations to ensure safety, comfort and functionality.
- Maintains managerial coverage for all hours of operation.
- Represents the Fitness Center in a positive and professional manner to the community and at various public relation opportunities.
- Provides variety of consulting services to external clients, in areas of expertise, as additional source of revenue and outreach.
- Provides lev el of support to the Senior Director of Resident and Community Engagement and Resident Wellness Department programming, including but not limited to Employee Wellness
certified through the Medical Fitness Association as a Certified Medical Fitness Facility Director
Education: Minimum of Bachelor degree in Exercise Science or related field, Master degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years managerial experience in medically-based fitness/wellness facility or equivalent experience.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Basic Life Support/ AED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Effective leadership and team building ability, excellent communication skills, clear understanding of business and accounting principles and practice, provenability to manage multiple groups of people and strong exercise physiology knowledge and practical skills for clinical populations.
Bachelors degree in Nursing, Exercise Science or other similar health related field
Two years of experience in a Cardiac Rehab program or fitness/wellness facility(preferably medically based), plus an additional two years of supervisory experience in the same type of environment.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Certification for skills and knowledge required for the clinical setting where the clinical practicum is conducted with students (i.e., age- specific competencies, Accucheck, chemstrip UGK, etc.).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.