Working Title:Assistant Director of Sports Marketing
Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Assistant Director of Sports Marketing with a concentration in Women’s Basketball. This position will oversee the development, coordination and implementation of the Women’s Basketball marketing plan for Duke University. The successful candidate will be a key team player in building revenue generation, game day atmosphere, branding and community outreach.
BA/BS recommended with a minimum of two to three (2-3) years related experience at the collegiate or professional level suggested.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated experience in marketing or sales.
· Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules and regulations as pertains to duties of position.
· Proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop or InDesign or a similar program, the Internet and other relevant software.
· Proficiency with social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter & Instagram among others.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision while achieving established goals.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
· Valid driver license.
· Manages, develops and implements the marketing and promotional strategy for Duke Women’s Basketball including student and community outreach, game day atmosphere and coordination of hospitality with Resource Acquisition.
· Must have a strong background in managing gameday atmosphere within the arena. Produces on-court/field, pre-game, half-time and post-game entertainment, presentations and music.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of single game promotions to increase revenues and attendance.
· Cultivates the development and implementation of season tickets, packages and single game promotions to increase revenue.
· Works with Women’s Basketball Chief of Staff to coordinates community outreach efforts to involve various groups throughout the area.
· Supports and assists outbound ticket sales team in the development and growth of group sales campaigns.
· Assists in the execution of corporate sponsorship contracts with third party rights holder.
· Oversees the placement of multimedia advertising for Duke Women’s Basketball.
· Works with Women’s Basketball Creative Director to conceptualizes the look each year and supervises the development of printed materials (i.e. posters, schedule cards, season ticket brochures, etc.).
· Assists in the promotion of events and ticket packages via social media.
· Assists training and managing student and volunteer staff.
· Oversee all emails sent out by the marketing department
· Will oversee the marketing efforts of 1-2 additional sports (specific sports assigned at later date) during the year
· Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety ofprogram activities and events.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.