School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nationâ€™s top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Provide guidance and counsel to management and assigned client groups on compensation related matters. Serve as an advisor in the design, implementation, administration, and revision of compensation programs to attract, motivate and retain employees.
Most DCRI positions can be done remotely for candidates who live in the following states: NC, CA, FL, GA, MD, NY, SC, TN, TX, VA, and District of Columbia (DC), Arizona, Hawaii, Illinois, Montana.
- Analyze and recommend starting salaries, promotional increases, and other pay decisions to ensure sound decision making, consistency and adherence to compensation guidelines.
- Review and evaluate new and revised positions, and in collaboration with Duke Rewards & Recognition, determine the appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Conduct job evaluations, market pricing and ad hoc analysis/reporting.
- Evaluate third party salary survey sources for quality of data and make recommendations on participation or discontinuing future participation.
- Submit compensation data in response to survey questionnaires to ensure appropriate assessment of relevant salary market to assure compensation position maintained.
- Coordinate the annual merit process, including assisting with drafting communication, determining eligibility, reviewing recommended increases, and employee notification.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing compensation. Research and monitor FLSA compliance. Communicate risks and impact to management and HR managers, when necessary.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of job classification and compensation issues and decisions.
- Provide training to various stakeholders including employees, supervisors, and managers on compensation topics and procedures.
- Participate in the design of job descriptions in accordance with standards. Ensure current job descriptions are acquired/maintained for current and new employees.
- Conduct audits to ensure all data and transactions have been processed correctly.
- Co-lead various compensation projects
- Manage and track deliverables for the fiscal year transitions
- Review and influence overall compensation structures, job code utilization, job evaluation process improvements, job description effectiveness, benchmarking methodology improvements, survey system utilization, and promotion/transfer/reclassification process improvements.
- May perform other task as assigned.
- Work requires organizational, analytical and communication skills acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field preferred.
- Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration Requirements: Describe the minimum required certifications, license etc. to perform the essential functions of the role.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) preferred
- Work requires three years of progressive business, administrative and/or supervisory experience, at least one year of which is directly related to employee and/or labor relations to acquire competence in applying human resource policies and practices related to employee and/or labor relations.
- A master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of general experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience in compensation or financial analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: List knowledge, skills, abilities required to perform the essential functions of the role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, and self-manage focus and time for optimum results
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions and articulate and justify resulting recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to engage and impact internal and external business partners.
Work requires a general business or personnel background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field. Experience
Work requires three years of business and/or administrative OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE experience, withexposure to human resources activities, to acquire knowledge of human resources policies and procedures necessary to manage the personnel activities of a department of division.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.