Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) InstructorDepartment:
Wrkfc Part/Workforce Dev Position Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
The Part-Time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Instructor administers the CNA program curriculum in a non-credit academic setting for CCRI Division of Workforce Partnerships. The PT CNA instructor is responsible for preparing students for the Rhode Island state licensing written and skill exams and role in a healthcare setting, by way of classroom, skill lab, and clinical instruction. The clinical instruction consists of 7-9 consecutive weekdays/evenings in a long care setting.Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Minimum Requirements:
Commitment to CCRI’s Mission
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively within a diverse and inclusive environment
• Work collaboratively in a student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
Organization / Work Management
• Understands position and works effectively without supervision and accepts responsibility, effectively utilizes job-related information
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Communicates important information and decisions in a timely manner
• Ability to anticipate and prevent problems; identify existing problems effectively
• Maintain objectivity and display good judgment in handling problematic situations by analyzing all relevant factors and evaluating alternatives; accept responsibility and take initiative to develop sound, practical solutions and carry out those solutions in a positive and timely manner
Team Work and Collaboration
• Understands the importance of and contributes to a positive work environment.
• Exhibit a positive, supportive, and cooperative rapport with colleagues to achieve desired results.
• Teaches non-credit CNA courses to students using the provided curriculum
• Maintains accurate records on all students, including but not limited to; attendance records, exams, course requirements regarding hours of instruction
• Ability to manage a diverse classroom, skill lab, and clinical setting training experience for the student
• Evaluate and document interpersonal skills, technical skils, and knowledge based on student engagement in classroom, skill lab, and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure skills attained
• Enforce student expectations and communicate them clearly with the students
• Performs duties in a manner that supports and sustains student success LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Personal Computer, internet access, must have access to and use of own transportation.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, requiredCompetencies:
• Current Rhode Island RN license is required.
• At least one year of full-time experience in a nursing field required
• One year of long-term care experience preferred.
• Experience as a CNA preferred
The most suitably qualified candidate will possess the following:Reports To:
• Ability to clearly communicate directions, thoughts, and ideas (oral and written)
• Ability to listen and provide productive feedback.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to practice integrity.
Director of Workforce Development Program Delivery or DesigneeCampus Location:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
As needed, year round when an 11 to 13.5 week CNA class is being offered by the Division of Workforce Partnerships. Must be able to work 9 to 19 hours per week when selected to instruct a CNA class. Must be available between the hours of 7:30am – 3:00pm aWork Schedule:
TBDDesired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
03/09/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.EEO Statement:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: