Athletics OfficePosition Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
To provide supervision of the swimming pool and pool staff (lifeguards)Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate and operate the indoor swimming pool on the Flanagan campus.Minimum Requirements:
· Develop safety policies and procedures and daily operations of the swimming pool, maintaining mechanical equipment for pool operation including water filtration and chemical purification systems.
· Inspect pool and pool areas daily to ensure the proper level of maintenance and that all equipment is in safe and proper working order, including preparing weekly and monthly maintenance and inspection reports on all equipment.
· Develop aquatics programs that meet the needs of the students, faculty, staff, and community, while ensuring safety of all programs who Coordinates with other department professionals in scheduling courses for recreational and group fitness classes, non-credit instructional and certification courses, and recreational swimming.
· Manage student staff for the Aquatics program including interviewing, screening, training, and scheduling staff.
· Responsible for the oversight of certifications of lifeguard training, CPR- Professional Rescuer, CPR/AED, First Aid, and Child/Infant CPR certifications.
· Serving as an on-duty lifeguard as needed.
· Develop and administer departmental policies and procedures related to aquatics and aquatic risk management to ensure the safety of participants.
· Implement assessments that evaluate programs and facility quality, student learning, and best practices in aquatics.
· Responsible for the financial integrity of the program and all customer service and quality control measures. Recommend the purchase of aquatics equipment and maintain inventory controls. Maintain budget for all equipment, repairs, chemicals, and other purchases associated with pool maintenance.
· Bachelor’s DegreeReports To:
· Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certificate or YMCA Lifeguarding Certificate. (Recommended) Certified Pool Operator certification
Director of AthleticsCampus Location:
Primarily located at the Lincoln CampusFull-time/Part-time:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
Varies Days, weekends and eveningsWork Schedule:
$22.31/hourDesired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
03/11/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.EEO Statement:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: