Help Desk TechnicianDepartment:
Information TechnologyPosition Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized help desk technician to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to clients with computer systems, hardware, or software issues. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk ticketing application
- Respond to customer queries by phone
- Create step-by-step training material with screenshots for clients
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware
- Ask educated questions and listen to customers to determine root cause of issues
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Report significant and recurring issues to the tier-2 support team
- Assisting clients connecting their mobile devices to the CCRI wireless network
- Completes projects as assigned
- Other related duties
- Excellent customer service attitude and strong communication skills
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Willingness to learn
- Computer degree preferred
Lead Information TechnologistCampus Location:
Primarily located at the Warwick CampusFull-time/Part-time:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
Part-Time (Monday through Friday up to 19 hours per week) Work Schedule:
CalendarDesired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
08/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.EEO Statement:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: