Adjunct Faculty, Nursing (Fundamentals/Med-Surg in Long-term Care for PN Program)Department:
Nursing DepartmentPosition Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
The adjunct faculty will have clinical and classroom responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Nursing Department and Community College of Rhode Island. This individual will demonstrate competence in teaching as well as clinical competence in the areas of nursing fundamentals and medical-surgical nursing, preferably within a long-term care setting.Duties and Responsibilities:
Commitment to CCRI’s MissionMinimum Requirements:
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing academic support to all students.
• Ensure student awareness of available resources that support learning and success within the institution.
• Facilitate engagement and academic success by incorporating student advising, counseling and remediation as needed.
Instructional and Communication Skills
• Facilitate learning in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and clinical settings.
• Contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Use innovative instructional strategies that support student success and recognize diverse learning styles.
• Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Apply strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
• Participate in department activities, including course, committee and faculty meetings to ensure coordination of didactic instruction and clinical experience.
• Participate in assuring compliance with accreditation standards.
• Other duties as required.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing, required Competencies:
• Unencumbered active license (or eligible for licensure) as a Registered Nurse in the State of RI, required
• Current nursing experience within the past 5 years, required
• Current CPR for healthcare providers AHA certification, required
· The equivalent of five years’ full-time experience in the nursing field with emphasis on medical-surgical nursing, required; long-term care experience preferred Reports To:
· Long-term care experience preferred
Department Chair, Level I NursingCampus Location:
Primarily located at the Warwick CampusFull-time/Part-time:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
Clinical two days per week on Mon/Wed or Wed/Fri, 7AM to 1PM, plus scattered lecture/proctor hours on Tues/Thurs, 2:30 to 5:30PM.Work Schedule:
To be determinedLicenses, Tools and Equipment:
· Unencumbered active license (or eligible for licensure) as a Registered Nurse in the State of RI, required Environmental Conditions:
· Must have access to and use of own transportation.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Desired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
07/28/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Your application materials will be made accessible to the Nursing Department Chair when adjunct help has been requested. Scheduled classes will be determined based on the semester and student enrollment. This is a temporary position with no benefits. EEO Statement:
To apply for this position:
Complete CCRI’s online application and attach a cover letter and resume. Attachments are uploaded in the “Your Documents” tab and then attached on the final page of the application.
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
Review of applications will begin on an as needed basis. Your application will be available to the Math Department Chair for the 2019-20 academic year. If you find that you are no longer interested in being considered for this position after you have applied, login and withdraw your application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the Colleges commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the Colleges Director of Institutional Equity & Title IX Coordinator, Elizabeth Canning, [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: http://ccri.edu/campuspolice/pdfs/ANNUAL-SECURITY-REPORT-FINAL.pdf