Lab Staff AssistantDepartment:
Information TechnologyPosition Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
Supervise student workers while assisting students with software and hardware in an Academic Computer Lab environment.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervising student workers in the Academic Computer Lab Minimum Requirements:
• Assisting students with software and hardware in the Academic Computer Lab
• Answering general questions
• Resetting student passwords
• Answers help desk phone when needed
• Assisting clients connecting their mobile devices to the CCRI wireless network
• Provides Tier 1 support to students, faculty, and staff
• Relays questions to Tier 2 support when necessary
• Logs equipment damage and malfunctions with management
• Provides assistance and support for printers, computers, and other equipment
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds
• Performs other related duties as assignment
• Excellent customer service attitude and strong communication skills Reports To:
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
• Willingness to learn
• Computer degree preferred
Manager, Technical SupportCampus Location:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
Part-Time (up to 19 hours per week)Work Schedule:
18.00 per hourDesired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
TBDApplication Open Date:
01/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled. EEO Statement:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: https://ccri.edu/campuspolice/pdfs/ASR-Final-92019.pdf