Wrkfc Part/Workforce Dev Position Category:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for healthcare instructors to teach their proprietary healthcare workforce trainings. Current instructors are needed in both clinical and non-clinical instructing roles and the successful candidate would have expertise in one of the following subject areas: Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting or Medical Front Desk/Administration.Duties and Responsibilities:
The instructor will be responsible for all learning outcomes of our programs and will focus on student development and preparation for the healthcare field.
The coordinator will work side-by-side with lead instructors, teacher assistants and program leadership to ensure that programs have successful outcomes and that students receive high quality education.
This role is in response to employer demand and can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The healthcare instructor will be responsible for communicating what shifts they are available to work and ensure that they are able to work all classes that they agree to instruct.
· Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences. Minimum Requirements:
· Communicate class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
· Deliver effective lesson plans and provide supplemental material to achieve course objectives and address student needs.
· Integrate technology and active learning strategies to enhance instruction.
· Keep detailed and organized records of students’ attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
· Collaborate with the coordinator and other instructors in the program and attend meetings as needed.
· Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
· Maintain all lab equipment as necessary.
· Ensure lab environments remain clean and sanitary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Experience in a healthcare environment (dental, medical or medical administration) for a minimum of 5 years. Competencies:
· Experience in either traditional instruction, peer training, or on-the-job mentoring
·Interest in preparing and training the next generation of entry-level medical support staff
· Intermediate digital communication technology skills (presentation tools, online meetings, etc.)
· Experience with classroom/team management
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, primarily), email, the internet for instruction and program purposes
· Creativity and flexibility in the classroom is expected.
· Associates Degree or above. Reports To:
· Experience working with a diverse student population.
· Experience in an healthcare environment (dental, medical or medical administration) for 10+ years.
· Teaching experience in similar post-secondary programs
Director of Industry PartnershipsCampus Location:
Primarily located at the Warwick CampusFull-time/Part-time:
Part-TimeShift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information:
48.80Desired Start Date:
ASAPNumber of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
03/23/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.EEO Statement:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: