Director, Enterprise ApplicationsDepartment:
Information TechnologyPosition Category:
Staff - NonClassifiedAbout CCRI:
The Community College of Rhode Island is the states only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. Job Summary:
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best:
Manage and lead a team of Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Project Managers in planning, design, support and launch of efficient business, financial and operational systems in support of college’s core organizational functions and business processes.Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the installation, maintenance, and support of Enterprise Applications that support the college’s students, faculty and staff, including but not limited to the college’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Manage the Enterprise Applications staff including project prioritization, professional development, performance management, and team-building activities.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing enterprise applications and manage the development of strategies and plans for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Manage and collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, upgrades and enhancements to existing enterprise applications.
- Analyze and evaluate business requirements with business owners to leverage application functionality that meets requirements.
- Assign projects to Enterprise Applications staff and manage the status of all projects assigned.
- Oversee the resolution Enterprise Applications application issues and work with vendors and partners to resolve issues.
- Analyze and evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
- Provide consultative functional, technical, and development guidance to colleagues.
- Respond to high-priority requests from the college’s senior business leaders.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisor consistent with rank and position.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform the duties of the Business Analyst, Project Manager, and Programmer/Analyst as needed.
- Respond to Enterprise Applications business and technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend applications, utilities and tools needed to support Enterprise Applications.
- Maintain currency and proficiency with system features, functionality and related skills necessary to manage and support college-wide enterprise applications.
Competencies and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years of significant experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and database applications including 3 years experience managing a team and application development projects is required.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise applications deployed in higher education and demonstrated experience with the implementation of best practices using these systems is required.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues is required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and logic skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and ‘user-friendly’ language is required.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team is required.
- Experience in an Ellucian Banner or a higher education environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated business analysis and project management skills with Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is preferred.
BOE 16Salary Information:
Salary commensurate with experience.Benefits:
Full-time employees enjoy an array of benefits, including: Reports To:
• Comprehensive Health Benefits and Rewards for Wellness Incentives
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• In-State Tuition Waivers
• Legal Care Insurance
For a complete listing, visit: https://ccri.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
Chief Information OfficerPermanent/Limited position:
CalendarWork Schedule Information:
Non Standard, 35 hours per weekCampus Location:
Primarily located at the Warwick CampusCivil Service List position:
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Number of Vacancies:
1Application Open Date:
05/04/2022Application Close Date:
https://jobs.ccri.edu/postings/3786Special Instructions to Applicants:
To ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by 06/03/2022, 11:59 PM (EST). Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.Disability Accommodations:
Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is committed to ensuring the full participation of all applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you should require an accommodation during the application process, please notify the Department of Institutional Equity and Human Resources prior to the closing of the posting by calling (401) 825-2311.EEO Statement:
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: [email protected]
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: