Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Assistant/Associate Professor of Music & Orchestra ConductorDoes this position require driving?:
Alissa PassburgContact Email:
[email protected]Job Summary/Basic Function:
* Residential faculty position*Minimum Qualifications:
Serve as the conductor of the Liberty University Symphony Orchestra (LUSO). Duties include programming, rehearsing and performing a full series of concerts annually, coordinating orchestra personnel with performance-area faculty, recruiting, and collaborating with other departments.
Teach other undergraduate and graduate music courses as related to applicant’s areas of expertise.
• MM degreePreferred Qualifications:
• Collegiate orchestra conducting experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of existing orchestral traditions/repertoire and interest in creative programming, showing awareness of current trends and developments in the industry and profession.
• DMA/PhD or demonstrated professional equivalent• Extensive collegiate orchestra conducting experience.• Experience teaching collegiate level orchestral conducting, score-reading, analysis and other related classes.Work Hours:
10 or 11 month contractPosting Date: