This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research. Under limited supervision, the successful applicant will extract, compile, analyze and report data on students, instructional offerings, personnel, college wide initiatives, and any other aspects of the college as requested. The position will apply appropriate statistical analyses for use in data mining, forecasting, assessment, and/or predictive analytics as appropriate for each particular research project. The position will also assist the Office of Institutional Research by performing special projects that improve department efficiency and compliance, as well as other tasks assigned by the Director of Institutional Research.
Additional job responsibilities also include:
- Performing data extraction, manipulation, and analysis using statistical software such as SPSS, SASS and SQL.
- Querying, analyzing and interpreting data to support data-informed decision making.
- Providing data for institutional initiatives and collaborate with leaders to ensure data needs are met.
- Preparing interpretive analyses and presenting findings in narrative, graphic and oral forms using computer applications (Microsoft Office) for both technical research and the general user.
- Updating, verifying and improving upon regular internal reports (including institutional dashboards).
- Conducting independent research and data analysis that support the college's mission and strategic plan.
- Providing enrollment and admission forecasting for future terms.
Remaining current with technology to support IR functions and providing training as needed.Minimum and Additional Requirements
This position requires a master's degree in a related field; or a bachelor's degree with statistical courses and two (2) years experience as a statistical research analyst.
Ideal candidate will have prior experience and/or knowledge of higher education (preferably community college) and student information systems. Extensive knowledge of database management and data (SQL) querying as well as research methodology and sampling techniques. Considerable knowledge of data analysis software (i.e., Excel, SPSS, Power BI), and proficiency in the use of computing equipment and applications. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to analyze complex data sets, communicate results, and write reports for publication. A positive attitude, collegiality, and the initiative to learn new technologies and applications as available.
To be considered for this position applicants MUST complete the online SC State Jobs Employment Application. This position is open until filled with preference given to applicants that apply by May 24, 2022.
Unofficial transcripts may also be attached, mailed to (Human Resources, PO Box 118067 Charleston, SC 29423), or faxed 843.574.6682 to the Human Resources Office by the deadline date and time. Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment.
Resumes are NOT reviewed for qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance, contact Human Resources at 843.574.6201.
Employment applicants may be subject to a background check. Failure to consent to a background check will result in the removal of your application from further consideration. Background checks are conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Trident Technical College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission or employment on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or pregnancy.