: Human ResourcesLocations:
: Springfield, MAPosted:
: May 10, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time Non-ExemptRef. No.:
: 3252Position ID:
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on an 88+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 888,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 2200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career-focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
The Human Resources Floater Position's primary responsibility will be to work in various departments across campus, as needed, performing eclectic tasks. Assignments may be short to long term, depending on the need of the department. The Human Resources Floater Position will assist in the Human Resources office when not assigned to another department on campus.
- Perform general office procedures in various departments across campus as needed; not limited to, preparing and editing letters, reports, memos, and emails
- Filing various documents both on the computer and in filing cabinets
- Maintaining office equipment including scanners, fax machines, printers, and telephones
- Scheduling and organizing meeting rooms for upcoming meetings
- Handle documents and routes inbound telephone calls and emails and acts as a liaison between departments and students
- Perform various project work
- Data collection, analysis, reporting and entry of confidential information
- Provide administrative support to the HR staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
Required Field of Expertise: 1-3 years of experience in office administration. Possess the ability to perform diverse duties and responsibilities in a high-energy environment with the ability to respond to the changing needs and demands of various departments.
Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience in higher education.
- Must be self-directed; possess excellent interpersonal communication, organization, and administrative skills; and be a team player
- Must embrace diversity and create a community that is inclusive and accessible
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a collaborative work environment and to independently manage multiple priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential; attunement to data and constituent confidentiality and demonstrate appropriate internal and external discretion
- Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks
- Proficiency in the application of Microsoft Office products and email
- Must possess an aptitude for learning new skills quickly
- Must be able to work within many areas within a diverse environment
This is a full time, non-exempt level, benefit eligible position scheduled for 35 hours per week. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete policy by clicking here.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.