Academic Program Coordinator, Senior
W A Franke College of Business
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
The Academic Program Coordinator, Sr. of the Business Graduate Programs position includes leading the annual enrollment planning process and implementation of strategies that support the expansion of the MBA programs. All marketing and student recruitment efforts are the responsibility of the Coordinator, who collaborates with other campus departments to grow the prospective graduate student pool and increase quality applicants. In addition, the Academic Program Coordinator, Sr. maintains operations of the Business Graduate programs office, serving as the first point of contact for current MBA students, visitors, faculty, prospective students, vendors, and other NAU departments.
Operational Support - 40%
- Develops program content; monitors program metrics and performance; maintains operation of the program.
- Assists with creating program budget and monitors budget for program expenditures; advises department leadership on discrepancies with expenditures.
- Acts as a liaison for program to potential or current students, staff, faculty, or external stakeholders or constituents.
- Ensures program compliance with all applicable university, state, federal, or other laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Delivers presentations to communicate information about the program(s).
- Trains and advises others on program guidelines and details.
- Manages and maintains records of program participants and program data, which may include inputting or updating data in a database.
- Acts as main point of contact for program participants and other program stakeholders or constituents, including telephone and email communications; answers questions regarding the program.
- Distributes, collects, and processes forms and documents related to the program(s).
- Researches, summarizes, and analyzes information regarding program participation; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and/or recurring reports.
- May supervise or oversee student or temporary employees.
- May be responsible for event coordination in relation to program(s).
- May schedule and participate in meetings or committees on behalf of the program(s).
Recruitment and Retention - 30%
- Correspond with prospective students, maintain advising calendar, monitor and assist with the admissions process, collaborate with NAU departments and faculty to develop and maintain infrastructure to support recruitment and admissions process.
- Lead role in developing and maintaining the Graduate Programs' strategic marketing, recruitment, and enrollment plan.
- Assist enrolled MBA students with course registration, technical needs, academic materials distribution, and other student issues that arise.
- Provide other program support as required under the direction of the MBA Graduate Coordinator.
Event Planning - 20%
- Planning welcome BBQ, company tours, International trip, end of year graduation banquets.
Other - 10%
- Working to solve problems outside normal scope of program (petitions, change of campus, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management systems
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and training skills
- Skill in program development and execution
- Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating and reporting data, and establishing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze problems and make well-reasoned, sound decisions
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge of rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to program area.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational practices and principles.
- Works independently
- Communicates effectively
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $47,634. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
May 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606297&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency