St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
We are seeking a full-time service-focused, innovator Director of Human Resources providing responsibility for the daily administration and management of HR services while serving as a senior level HR practitioner in talent acquisition, training and development, employee relations, benefits, workers' compensation, leave management, job classification and reclassification, and legal compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Serves effectively as a collaborative and service-focused HR leader.
Conducts workplace investigations, which may include Title IX, ensuring consistency in process and compliance with fair employment laws.
Generates special HRIS reports as needed.
Ensures the creation and maintenance of all staff job descriptions and coordinate the performance evaluation process.
Provides first-line supervision, team building and conflict resolution for the HR staff.
Provides consultant services to VPs, Directors, Managers, and campus supervisors for a broad range of general employee management matters and policy interpretation.
Provides employee relations support to VPs, Directors, campus leaders and employees, ensuring legal compliance and consistent practices, , authorizing and developing disciplinary actions, and leading termination meetings.
Provides conflict resolution to VPs, Directors, and campus leaders regarding employment matters and recommends solutions.
Serves on hiring search committees for vacant positions as needed.
Develops workflow and procedures, leveraging technology to maximize quality and efficiency in HR processes and services.
Provides final recommendations in determination of employee pay rates, retirement system, and benefit accrual level.
Performs job classifications and job reclassifications with in collaboration with the VP .
- Collaborates with college leadership on the designs and strategic training strategy for annual training sessions.
Ensures integrity of recordkeeping system for training courses, course offerings, effectiveness, and individual employee training
Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
Participates in special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field plus Four years of progressively responsible human resources professional level experience and senior HR practitioner expertise with an emphasis in compensation, benefits, employee relations, training and development, and talent acquisition. OR
- Associates degree in Human Resources or related field, plus six years of HR practitioner experience with an emphasis in compensation, benefits, employee relations, training and development, and talent acquisition, OR,
- Equivalent education and experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong grammar and editing skills.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of compensation and classification principles and procedures including creation of job descriptions, job analysis and job classification, applying benchmark best practices, and ensuring compliance with FLSA and similar laws.
- Experience in higher education or public organization
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
Review of applications for full consideration and candidate selection should be received by May 31, 2022.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.