Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time, as needed position of SHRM - Workforce Development Instructor (Occasional, part-time). This position will provide instruction on a part-time, as needed basis for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-CP) Certified Professional and (SHRM-SCP) Senior Certified Professional certification review course.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties
- Works closely with the Assistant Dean and Workface Development Office Staff and the Coordinator of Client Relations & Program Outreach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the content and techniques to be taught in terms of what is to be communicated, what is important, and how it applies.
- Delivers content as outlined in the instructor’s materials
- Facilitate instruction to customers, and manage records.
- Maintain lab student records and enter grades when appropriate.
- Leads and guides the learning process of the participants.
- Accomplishes learning objectives within the scheduled time frame; keeps on track while being sensitive to participants’ needs.
- Prepares and organizes charts, presentations, and other visual aids so that appearance, legibility, and content enhance learning.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Possess a broad understanding of all HR topics as outlines in the SHRM Learning System.
- Remains current in HR trends and developments.
- Training or teaching experience preferred.
Required knowledge in most or all of the following technical areas:
- Ability to develop relationships virtually through audio and written interfaces.
- Technology skills for online learning platform.
- Computer knowledge and applications.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong conflict management skills with the ability to respond positively to criticism/negative input, and focus on accomplishing the learning objectives.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressive human resource practitioner experience.
$25 to $50/hour based on preparatory hours or facilitation/instruction.
- Instructor resources and professional development opportunities are available.
- Occasional evening or weekend instruction, may be required, as needed.
Supervises following staff: