Business Intelligence Archt - Job Opening 242762
How to Apply:
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs, search job opening: 242762.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related technical field to include a minimum of three years of relevant experience or an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in the relevant field of study with a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Relevant IT certifications maybe considered in lieu of some experience.
This position will develop and maintain datasets for institutional data, via IT-supported systems and tools, to enable reporting and data analysis by staff across various university departments. This position will provide training and end-user support of both tools and data resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with end users, data stewards, and relevant IT staff on the development and enhancement of data services and tools supporting educational analytics. Work with Business Systems Analyst, project teams, and other staff in fit-gap analyses, reviews of functional requirements, system design, program specifications, test plans, and test results. Analyze service requests and estimate time to deliver, considering limitations imposed by the current technical environment, time requirements, and personnel and financial resources against desired results. Create tasks for other IT team members as appropriate.
- Model and develop secure data access layers for both institutionally managed and externally provided data, for use in reports, dashboards, KPl’s, and other business intelligence and analytics applications relevant to the university education mission. Develop and enhance database objects needed to support data access layer. Ensures data access layers reflect terminology, sourcing, business logic, and access controls as authorized by institutional data governance. Develop, test, and document systems according to standards in order to minimize problems and assure quality.
- Ensures continuous service delivery by diagnosing and remediating incidents related to developed products; evaluates and mitigates effects of system upgrades; consults with internal and external support personnel as appropriate to resolve systems issues.
- Work with business systems analysts to document delivered reports, metadata, processes, and other
- artifacts of analytics services. Develop and publish end-user documentation as needed. Participates in data governance workflows.
- Assists with data integration efforts in the AU data warehouse platform.
- Train end users as needed on content and use of data access layers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (May include some evenings and weekends)
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until filled.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.